The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Did'nt Peavey.......
Kit Graham

Port Matilda, Pa. USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2000 10:36 am    

At one time, Peavey used to have a Support option of sending back your amp and they would rebuild it at a reasonable cost. Does that still exist??

------------------
Kit

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2000 2:06 pm    

Anyone with a Peavey product can send it to the factory to have it restored to original factory specifications. Please send the product freight prepaid to the following address;

Peavey Service Center
Hwy. 80 East
Meridian, MS 39301

Please include a note which indicates the symptoms and how you wish to pay for the freight and repair charges. You may pay for these charges by credit card or the product can be shipped COD to you.

We receive products that we have sold from 30 years ago for repair on a daily basis that we can still repair, however, some cosmetic parts not available.

We have recently started offering the Nashville 400, Vegas 400 & Session 400 Limited mod kits that can be purchased through your authorized Peavey dealer or they can be ordered directly from our Parts Department at (601)483-5365. Or, you can call me toll free for pricing. My number is 1-877-732-8391.

As a matter of fact, you can download the parts list and the schematic diagram displaying the IC changeouts off of the Peavey website at "http:/www.peavey.com/mi/steel%5Fguitarist.html". EVERYTHING IS FREE EXCEPT FOR THE PARTS! There is no magic here.

Thanks for using Peavey.

[This message was edited by Mike Brown on 20 September 2000 at 07:36 AM.]

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2000 9:44 pm    

B.Cole-
I am sure you will find slower service these days with any product repairs.
It is just the times. Everyone is so busy and good help is getting harder and harder to find.
I am thankful for guys like Bud Carter in the Steel Guitar Business, and Mike Brown of Peavey...al

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 20 Sep 2000 6:43 am    

Bill,
Check with your dealer on the estimated arrival time of the Session 2000. The other amp was just picked up by UPS yesterday and should arrive here at the factory sometime next week.

I'll make sure that it gets taken care of.

Al,
Thanks for your supportive comments.

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2000 7:18 am    

Those aren't schematics, they're circuit board layouts. Of course the actual schematics are probably proprietary, but it would be nice to see what changes were made and why. Not knowing myself what capacitor/chip changes were made and to what values they are changed makes me say that I am possibly "ignorant"??? Being a long time electronics hobbyist and designer makes me want to see the actual schematic. Maybe I shouldn't be so picky...Anyway, it's great that Peavy has the info on their website. I'll be happy to do mods for anyone for a small labor fee, you pay shipping.

John

------------------
Steelin' is a way of life!

Bob Metzger

Waltham (Boston), MA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2000 11:11 pm    

My thanks to Mike Brown and Peavey for releasing this info to the public. You are to be commended! Let's all hope that other manufacturers and builders choose to follow Peavey's lead in this area!!!

Bob

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 27 Sep 2000 7:26 am    

John, we posted the circuit board layout on the Peavey website of the Nashville 400, Session 400 Limited and Vegas 400 to illustrate what IC chips were to be changed. When you purchase the kit, it includes the whole schematic(layout and schematic diagram)on the reverse side.

However, if you will look at the STEEL GUITARISTS page on our website again, you will see that we DID provide the component changes for you, we just didn't provide the schematic layout. This comes with the kit itself. Contact me either by e-mail or by phone for pricing. My e-mail address is "mikebrown@peavey.com" or by phone at 1-877-732-8391.

The Session 500 mod kit is forthcoming.

By the way, almost all Peavey schematics are available for sale through our Parts Department for $2.50 including shipping. For the schematic and original operating guide for a Peavey product, the cost is $7.50, including shipping. There are some operating guides that are slightly higher due to their packaging. At any rate, this is a BARGAIN!

[This message was edited by Mike Brown on 27 September 2000 at 08:32 AM.]