The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Session 2000 - fiddle settings on steel amp
Mylos Sonka

Larkspur CA USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2000 6:08 pm    

Has anybody got any experience with fiddle settings on a Profex or Tubefex unit that might give me a start on tweaking a "fiddle patch" on my new Session 2000?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mylos

[This message was edited by Mylos Sonka on 15 August 2000 at 08:44 PM.]

Fred Murphy

Indianapolis, In. USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2000 7:16 am    

Mylos, I use these settings. This is for an Alvarez factory electric fiddle. I suppose they are like guitars and all will sound different. I don't know how to post these in a line format,so here goes. I use ST. SFH=19 Low=76 Mid=21 Hi=38 Vol=100 Presence=25. 5Band EQ 100Hz=+12 330Hz=-3 1K=-10 3K=-2.5 10K=-10 REV TyP=stage SZ=small PD=3ms Tm=2.5 Dp=2Khz Mix= 10% Hope this gets you a start. Fred

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2000 12:27 pm    

Mylos, are you looking for an effect setting similar to a BossTone to get your steel to sound like a string section, or are you looking for tone settings for playing a fiddle through your amp? I can't help you with either but the question seems to be ambiguous.

Mylos Sonka

Larkspur CA USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2000 1:07 pm    

Jim, your point is well taken.

I hadn't meant to be ambiguous, but now you mention it I'm glad I was, 'cause I'd be interested in either answer.

I double on fiddle, so I was looking for a good natural sounding fiddle setting.

Mylos

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2000 5:44 am    

I'm working with some of our endorsers who play fiddle in an attempt to obtain fiddle settings for the Session 2000. It will take a bit of time to get this done, but I will be glad to post them as soon as I get them.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation

Mylos Sonka

Larkspur CA USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2000 7:40 pm    

Thanks Fred-- I tried those values and it sounds fine with my acoustic fiddle and Fishman pickup.

Here's the kicker-- the steel sounds just dandy using your fiddle patch. So when I play both fiddle and steel on a song that doesn't give me much time to switch back and forth between patches, it's no big deal. That comes in very handy.

Again, thanks a lot. I am going to get a lot of use out of those settings.

Mylos

[This message was edited by Mylos Sonka on 15 August 2000 at 08:43 PM.]

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2000 7:47 am    

Mylos and I discussed his Session 2000 setup by phone the other day. For those of you who are multi-instrumentalists, the amp has two inputs that can be used simultaniously for plugging in two different signals. So, when switching between instuments you can also select appropriate presets for that particular instrument. If your band goes by a set list, it is handy to map your presets according to the instument that you use for a particular song.

Call me toll free here at Peavey if you have any questions about this amp. I can be reached toll free in the U.S. at 1-877-732-8391. You can also check out this amp on the Peavey website at "www.peavey.com" under PRODUCTS, then AMPS AND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS.