The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  When is a pot Shot?
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2000 2:46 pm    

Keith, Allen Bradley moved production to Mexico before Clarostat bought them out. Supposedly the only difference between the two is the Clarostat name on the pot instead of Allen Bradley. However, the American made Allen Bradley pots, from what I remember going back to my Air Force days, were made with a stronger metal enclosure. So if the metal enclosure does not use the same gauge metal who's to say what else is different internally. I don't think I have an American Allen Bradley to compare with or I'd take a couple apart and see if there's any visual difference.

I think the competition will help stabilize the price of the pots. The big problem is the fact that that particular model pot is almost exclusively used for volume pedals and the market for them is relatively small, which causes the pot to be priced the way it is. If it was a common value pot used in many applications the price would be a lot less than what it is.

The only problem I have with the competition pot is it's only rated for 25,000 operations where the Clarostat is rated for 75,000 operations. The 25K may turn out to be a conservative rating or it may turn out to be close to the actual useful life of the pot.
We'll have to wait and see what the track record is for those pots after about a year or so.

sylvainvallieres

saint lin laurentides Québec, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2000 1:30 pm    

hello guys,I got this problem now with my Emmons volume pedal,it's a "66" and my pot was a Allen bradley ,clearly what the best part number for replacement,I've try to understand all the post before but sometime I got some problem to understand well in English "I'm a French Canadian" any help appreciate,thank's

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2000 5:12 pm    

Your best bet is to contact Al Brisco in Ontario, Canada. He has the replacement POT you need, in stock.

------------------

sylvainvallieres

saint lin laurentides Québec, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2000 6:13 pm    

Thank you very much Keith,I try to contact him