The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TubeFex Problem
Jerry Wright

Leeds,Al. US
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2000 5:38 pm    

I at first Posted this in Bar Chatter and someone recommended that this topic should be posted in electronics.
So I am here.
At first I stated that my TubeFex would not put anything out to the amp,but I was wrong.
Some pre-sets are working and some are not.
The TUNER is working and I thought that it wasn't.
Could one of my 12ax7 tubes be bad?
Has anyone else had this problem?
Let me know.

------------------

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2000 2:11 am    

Could be the analog tube preamp section, since some programs work and some don't. Check the ones that do not work and see if they use the analog preamp (TB parameter) and then check the ones that do work and see if they use the digital EQ's such as the 3B parameter, which was used on most of the old Profex II programs. If this is the case then it could very well be a bad tube or something in the tube preamp section.

If that is not the case, then I suggest a "factory reset". One word of caution, this will wipe out all the user programs so make sure you have them backed up on a Cache Card (program card) before you do a factory reset. The factory reset reinitializes the entire machine and it seems to take care of a lot of varied problems.

Pete Adams

Otis,MA.
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2000 4:19 am    

Ditto to what Jack Stoner said.I had one of these and it developed the same problem.I ended up sending it back to the factory and they repaired it.I no longer have it.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2000 11:33 am    

I spoke with Jerry this morning and I also suggested that he return it to the factory as there was nothing that he could do except reinitialize it from a user standpoint.

Our service department can repair it pretty quickly at this time, so I feel sure that we can take care of it for him.

If anyone has questions, please feel free to contact me here at the factory by calling 1-877-732-8391, toll free in the U.S..