The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  For Keith Hilton
STAN REMICK

Mukilteo, WA, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2000 8:56 am    

I may have missed the answer to the following question in previous postings. If so, I apologize.

I currently use a Goodrich pedal and your Jernigan digital sustain. Does your new pedal include the circuitry that is in the digital sustain unit? If I change over to your new pedal can I eliminate the digital sustain unit?

Thanks,

Stan Remick

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 24 May 2000 2:07 pm    

Stan, let me say that I feel honored that you are using my Digital Sustain, thanks!
The Digital Sustain was designed to be used with POT pedals. That is, pedals with standard 500K potentiometers. Many people, "assume", that I have simply put the Digital Sustain inside the pedal, and nothing more. The first stage of the pedal does contain the same integrated chip as the Digital Sustain, but there is much more electronics, including another 16 pin chip.
The pedal was designed to work without the Digital Sustain or any other pre-amp in front of it. Let me say this, it will work with other pre-amps in front of it, but their use is redundant in nature. Again--the Digital Sustain was designed for a particular purpose. That purpose was to be used with a standard 500K steel guitar "POT" pedal. There is a difference in sound between the use of a Digital Sustain with a POT pedal, and the use of the ME262-B infrared pedal. Which sounds best? It is pretty obvious, unless a person's hearing is going bad. The ME262-B sounds better. That is what I use when I play out. My policy has been to tell the truth.

------------------

[This message was edited by Keith Hilton on 24 May 2000 at 04:39 PM.]

[This message was edited by Keith Hilton on 24 May 2000 at 04:41 PM.]