The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question for all on effects
Eddie Stephens

Kissimmee, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2000 10:14 am    

I would really like to hear what everyones favorites choices seem to be for FX processors are these days.I know that we all have our preferences, and we all pretty well know what we are looking for in our sound. I have used profex, tubefex, some older analog delays that were very warm.
I currently am using a Zoom 2100 which is just about as simple as it gets.I also play guitar so it seems hard to find something that will do it all when it comes to crunch,overdrive,and distortions.
I recently got the Line 6 Pod, but haven't really worked enough with it enough to see if is going to work for me with steel.
Would like to hear everyones thoughts.
Thanks

Jerry Miler

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 7 May 2000 6:56 pm    

I use the Lexicon G2 I also play steel and ele.guitar and I ahve found it to handle the job quite well and it sound GREAT! go to the Lexicon web site and find out more about it.www.lexicon.com
Jerry

Patrick Ickes

Upper Lake, CA USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2000 8:44 pm    

Eddie,
I use the Digitec GSP2101 and ADA Microtube 200 power amp. Play through Peavey tweed 15 and 410 Cabs. GREAT sound for steel and guitar. Very loud and clean, or overdrive from hell. Also a bunch of stupid worthless effects unless your a metalhead, but the basics are awesome, and at a price most can afford. The bummer of most Lexicons I've checked out was the price. Good luck.
Pat