The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Upright Rack?
Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2000 5:15 pm    

Where do you get one of those racks that sits upright by your right hand when you play, so that the controls face upwards?

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2000 5:19 pm    

I think Gene Fields has put legs on 'em so the input and knobs are a couple of inches from your right hand as you play.

LeRoy Sawyer

Walton, NY 13856
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2000 6:45 pm    

b0b

I use a SKB Roto Rack, they are flat on the bottom or can be used on the side, complete with cover about $60.00. I added a 3" fan for cooling to mine and it works fine. It puts your controls about 20" above the floor.

Roy,
I steel Stuff

Bill Terry

Bastrop, TX
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2000 7:00 pm    

b0b,
I use a regular 4 space rack with removable front and rear panels. I set the rack with the back edge down and tilt it toward me with a small block of wood I carry. This angles the front just right, and the block leaves a space at the bottom for a the rack's power cord to go out. Works great for me, plus I only have a couple of short cables, guitar to vol pedal, and vol pedal to rack patch panel.

Olli Haavisto

Jarvenpaa,Finland
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2000 11:12 pm    

I have a regular wooden flight rack and I put casters on the back lid (like the ones on Fender amps,Ernie Ball has sets)as well as ventillation ports.All jacks are are on those ashs tray like recessed things which I mounted on the side that would be the top of the rack if it was positioned normally.I don`t have to remove the back lid and the rack is easily moved even after the cables are connected.

------------------
Olli Haavisto
Polar steeler
Finland

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2000 2:47 am    

There are lots of different "rack cases" made. The SKB molded type, the Anvil type and the wood/tolex covered types and then there is the cloth covered "bag" types.

The "bag" types should be avoided if you have anything that generates a lot of heat and needs good ventilation (your TubeFex and my Transtube Fex fit into that category).