The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Great Repair Shop
Al Udeen

maple grove mn usa
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2000 9:55 am    

I recently had my Webb amp reverb unit repaired, They did it while I waited & charged me only 15bucks! They specialize in Vintage amp repairs & also re-cone speakers. They treated me like Royalty, so I have to give them a Plug! "Professional Repair 3448 42nd Ave. So. Minneapolis,Mn. 55406 Ph# 612 721 3130" The guys name is Ed Lebens, He spent a lot of time with me on the phone before I went to see Him! Al Udeen

Steve Allison

Eatonton,Ga. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2000 10:45 am    

Hey Al in my opnion they should treat YOU like royalty. You know some people still understand that the customer is always right and that you will be the best advertisement they could ever hope to have. If this attitude would be taken more seriously, then life would polish it self back up like it used to be. And then again sometimes a business will get a good man to work for them and won't appreciate him enough to make him want to stay. Oh well, I'm just glad that they did right by you!

Rich Paton

Santa Maria, CA.,
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2000 4:53 am    

I used to do several grand worth of business a year of buying musical gear at a certain music store in Santa Barbara, Ca., until one day I wrote a check for around $1700 for a Guild acoustic and a Guild acoustic bass (like the Earthwood), BUT...
as soon as my check was in the drawer and it slammed shut, the kid who wrote the sale couldn't wait to sneak out the back door and smoke a little reefer. Suddenly, it was like I had ceased to exist! I remembered that I needed a battery for a metronome, but I never could get his attention back.
That was in '94. I've spent a whopping $11 there, on a strap, since that day. The purchase was out of sheer convienience, or else they might have gotten MAYBE two cents out of me.....Caveat Vendor!
It's refreshing to hear a story, coming from "the other direction"! Eh?