The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Using the power & speaker of Nashville 1000
Bobby Snell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2000 5:28 am    

After almost 6 years of brutal use, my beloved Nashville 400 is starting to lose it. (The clue was it started sounding great with the fuzz patch---when the amp really starts to roar it is getting ready to blow!)
After hearing less volume and some additional distortion Fri nite in Arlington, I pointed my car down 35 while my bandmates slept. I needed to go to College Station the next day with a new amp. So luckily I stroll into Musicmakers in Austin and pick up brand new Nashville 1000.

Using it as the power amp for Profex II, I noticed a bigger, clearer sound. Bright and good separation of highs and lows, when I scoop the EQ in my Profex patches. The bass was a little muddied in the Nashville 400; the bass is clear with the 1000. And it is real loud: just beautiful screaming power. I want a second one to run stereo.

This morning I have been reading the posts from the past month about different setups with the 1000, so I might experiment with my setup. It's been awhile since any real changes, but this amp is a big change.

Great job again by Peavey.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2000 7:25 pm    

It sounds like you've just described the new Peavey 2000 amp. It's two matched cabinets, just like the 1000, but one of them has a Transtubefex-like processor in it (with many presets for steel) and the other just has the powered extension cabinet, for stereo effect. You've just reinvented it!

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2000 5:42 am    

I'm glad that you discovered the Nashville 1000 amps. They are all that we had said that they would be...................clean, clear and precise.

I just got back from the Smoky Mountain Steel Guitar Show and had a good time. I was asked by several of the pro players on the show to use the Nashville 1000/PX300 combination. Robbie Turner, Bill Ferguson and Johnny Cox all used the system and there were several, several favorable comments on their sound. I've said it before, the Nashville 1000 is the cleanest amp that I've ever heard...........bar none(no pun intended). Peavey amps have been the leading amps for steel guitarists for the last 27 years.

Thanks for your comments. I invite your comments and suggestions and I can be reached toll free at 1-877-732-8391 here at the factory.

Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2000 9:09 am    

Hey Bobby,
I didn't know your "bandmates" ever slept.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2000 11:05 am    

I used the 1000 on stage in Knoxville. It is an absolute killer. Cleanest, clearest, most precise sound I have ever accomplished. Now if my picking could just live up to the amp.

I also tried the Session 2000 in the Peavey room. It's also a killer. I have one of these on order, and am about to order a NV1000. 2 different amps for different type gigs. They are true MONSTERS>
Bill Ferguson

PS: Thanks Mike

------------------
"Stop worrying about what makes a steel work and concentrate on how YOU make it sound"

Bobby Snell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2000 5:23 pm    

Demo'ed the amps at the Texas Jamboree '99, before they were available (and enjoyed meeting you, Mike--me and 500 other players). That's why I just waltzed into Musicmakers and grabbed one.

Was impressed by the amp with the built-in processor, but my Pro-fex II is still kicking.

Liked the idea of the slave when I saw it at the Jamboree: less weight to carry is always a good idea.

Bottom line is the 1000 is awesome, and after about 5 gigs now, I am really impressed. BTW, Mike, this is my 6th Peavey amp over 25 years of steelin'.

And Chris, you're part of band lore, too.

------------------
RPS JR

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2000 9:10 am    

I've been amazed at how many Peavey amps that steelers have in their posession or have owned at one time or another. I must be either cheap or satisfied with my sound as I have used my Nashville 400 since 1985 and it has been a great amp! I guess that I am fortunate in that I get to test our latest amp introductions(and I honestly take these amps into the everyday playing situations).

Like a lot of our customers, I'll always give you an honest opinion which are based on my personal experiences or from customers and artists such as yourself. What better way to get feedback!

Thanks again for your comments and support at the shows............and with our products at the factory.