The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pocket Rockit practice amp
Dayton Osland

Lake Havasu City, AZ
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2000 8:26 am    

Hello,

Just want to point a nice product that I use a lot. Pocket Rockit company makes a series of tiny practice amps - about the size of pack of cigarettes. They plug directly into the output socket of a guitar and play through earphones. All of them use a 9V battery and all have an auxillary in channel for CD etc. The literature says you can play with someone else by using the Aux channels, I haven't tried it. There are a couple of guitar models and a couple of bass models. They vary in the amount effects built in.

Being cheap, I am using the "standard" model. It cost about $35 at Guitar Center. The earphones that came with it were a bit small and have been replaced. The standard model has clean, compressed and super compressed on it. Because of the way my guitar is built I needed an extension to plug the PocketRockit in. I picked up a short (8") 1/4" splitter at Radio Shack and it works fine - also allows me to hook up my tuner at the same time.

I use this a lot. Battery life is ok. The best part is the ability to play along with a CD mixed with my own playing. For instructional CD's its outstanding and for picking up licks off CD it's OK. (I'm not able to catch up with the super fast stuff this way).

The best part of this is that nobody hears me. I can practice anytime.

There are other similar models out there. Are others better? Some practice amps have headphone out - are there advantages to this?

Dayton

[This message was edited by Dayton Osland on 14 February 2000 at 08:28 AM.]

Ronney Bailey

Albuquerque,New,Mexico
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2000 11:03 am    

These are pretty nice But I found them here at a music store for $24.95 there cool

Dennis Voges

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2000 8:20 pm    

Hello Fellow Steelers

I have tried to locate the Pocket Rockit here in San Antonio and cannot find it. Do any of you have an address where i can mail order it from? Maybe one of you gentleman could pick me one up if i sent you the money. I would love to obtain one Im a beginner and it would be perfect when i practice. Thanks again guys.
Keep on Steelin
Dennis

Dayton Osland

Lake Havasu City, AZ
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2000 12:14 am    

Hello Dennis,

I got mine at Guitar Center. Here is their web page. They have several locations in Texas just none in San Antonio.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/index_standard.shtml

I meant to post Pocket Rockits URL earlier so hear it is:
http://www.pocketrockit.com/

Dayton

[This message was edited by Dayton Osland on 19 February 2000 at 08:40 AM.]