The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Danelectro delay
Frank Rotella

Lewiston, NY
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2000 1:47 pm    

Has anyone tried the Danelectro, DANECHO delay. The guy at the music store said it is very sweet and clean (albeit a retro purple color)but they only deal in six strings and had no feedback on playing with steel.
Thanks
Frank Rotella
homebuilt S-10, 3x1 1/2 (still adding levers)

Bill Monk

Post  Posted 23 Jan 2000 9:44 pm    

I got one of themfor 6-string and the delay itself sounds fine, but it wasn't till I got it on a gig that realised just how much volume and tone it was eating, even when bypassed. Maybe they've improved it now, but definitely compare the sound you get plugging in straight vs. thru the pedal.

When I first got it, also tried it with my steel but the pickup (George L 12-1) easily distorted the pedal's input. Thinking maybe the pedal was broken, tried another one from the store, but it was the same - unusable.

Mine's in a gig bag now as a spare, but even that's not turning out to be such a great idea beause it's big, it's -heavy- and it eats batteries. It's cool-looking though....

Maybe look at one of the Boss digital delays with the treble roll-off knob (which is all the Dano does), or the Line 6 delay modeler. But FWIW I'd watch out for that purple tone eater.

Frank Rotella

Lewiston, NY
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2000 3:03 pm    

Thanks again for the help. From what I've heard the Boss might be the way to go.
V/R
Frank Rotella