The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Who's tried Lexicon?
Lonnie Bennett

Upstate New York
Post  Posted 17 Nov 1999 3:29 pm    

I play hard driving Gospel Steel, both Lap and Pedal. I was wondering has anyone ever tried the Lexicon MPX-G2? If so, what do you think?

Big Ben
Keith Dominion Player

------------------

[This message was edited by Lonnie Bennett on 11-17-99]

Jerry Miler

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 19 Nov 1999 9:23 pm    

Yes I do I use a G2 and I LOVE IT!!!! I wnt froma a Digitech Gsp 21 pro to the G2 and there is a world of diffrence I have about 8 or 9 setting so far and working on more. By the way I play Gospel to.

Dan Tyack

Olympia, WA USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 1999 12:01 pm    

I also use one of these and I love it. The only negative is the price. There are several things it has going for it: it has perfect reproductions of those 60s-70s-80s stomp boxes (and a perfect crybaby wah, if you use an expression pedal). It also has the most georgeous reverbs and echos. The overdrive sounds are also pretty good, especially the really wild ones. If you use an amp with an effects loop, it works great, because you can run the stomp pedals or wah before the preamp, and the reverbs/echos after the preamp.

I have heard some pretty wild playing from your Keith Dominion steel players (Chuck Cambell has got to be the best wah wah player since Hendrix), so it might be something that you could really explore. For a steel player who just wants a clean country sound, it's overkill.

Ben, did I meet you in Nashville last spring? It seems that I met about 50 steel players when I visted your big meeting there.

------------------
www.tyacktunes.com

[This message was edited by Dan Tyack on 11-21-99]

Lonnie Bennett

Upstate New York
Post  Posted 22 Nov 1999 6:03 am    

Hey Dan I was the Big guy that invited you at Seymores' place. You and I sat in the Balcony and listened to the service. It's good to here from you. I've tried the G2 with lead guitar, but I'm not sure if the pre-amp is versitle enough to use as a stand alone with a power amp for steel.

Jerry,
How do you use yours? Do have to compensate for any EQ issues or tone loss?

And thanks guys for making me feel Welcome

------------------

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 22 Nov 1999 1:02 pm    

Hey, welcome, indeed! I was trying to figure if you are the first of the Sacred Steelers to join us here. I seem to recall that perhaps Chuck Campbell contributed to the Jimmy Day eulogy thread last year but I might be wrong. Anyway, good to have you here. (Sorry--I can't provide any info on your inquiry)

Jerry Miler

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 22 Nov 1999 9:23 pm    

I use mine as the pre amp My ste up goes as follows Guitar...Input...pwr amp in on back of a Nash 400 vol ped (in fx loop of G2)I get Great results from this I do use the eq section a lot but mostly to cut 800hz ans to ad a little high end clarity I play a Zum w/ E-66's I feel I get a pretty good tone this way. I treis doing it with the fx loop of the amp but I did not like the results to well (I also play lead G. through this thing also)