The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The "SS HAWAIIAN"
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2000 1:59 am    

Just another reminder of our website featuring the "SS HAWAIIAN" steel guitar is online and has detailed descriptions and pictures of everything that went into building this steel.
We would be honored to have those that have not yet signed the guestbook before you enter the site; to please take the time to be listed as a guest of our website.
Thanks for your time and encouragement; as I put all Non-Pedalers on the highest pedistol.
Here's the link> www.mightyfinemusic.com
Ricky Davis

Al Gershen

Grants Pass, OR, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2000 4:23 pm    

Hi Ricky Davis:

I assume that you displayed your new SS Hawaiian lap steel guitar at the St. Louis convention and I'm wondering what your assessment of the responce to it was from the visitors and players there? Were you able to get some orders for the guitar at the convention?

------------------
Regards,
Al Gershen
Grants Pass, Oregon. USA
Fender 1000 (1957),
Fender PS 210 (1972) &
Gibson Electraharp EH-820
(1962)
Pictures of PS 210 &
EH-820 at http://www.rvi.net/~aldg

Will Houston

Tempe, Az
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2000 9:47 pm    

cool steels al, i don't believe i've ever seen anything quite like those. i sure would like to hear what kind of sound you get out of them.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2000 10:20 pm    

Hi Al; I didn't attend the convention this year; Had to play gigs instead. We are getting great responces about the SS HAWAIIAN but no orders yet. I really didn't expect anyone to order this guitar; as the price tag is way out of the league from what is being made out there today, that any steel player wanting a non-pedal steel can obtain very easily.
The SS HAWAIIAN was mainly built because I wanted a 10-string steel and made from the best materials for sound and to cut "no" corners in this process. And of course it is very expensive to do that; but it turned out far better than I ever expected in quality/sound and playability; that I wanted to make it availiable to those that wanted to go that route. It is a custom built steel and steel players generally are not in the market for custom built steel guitars because of the expense and commitment to a non-popularized guitar.
Have fun.

------------------
Ricky Davis
http://hometown.aol.com/sshawaiian/RickyHomepage.html
http://users.interlinks.net/rebel/steel/steel.html
www.mightyfinemusic.com
sshawaiian@aol.com