The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New non-pedaler
oj hicks

Springville, AL
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2000 9:16 pm    

Hi to all my fellow steelers.
I am a new member, though I have been enjoying the Forum for some time. I have a post war Bakelite Rick, an Excel Frypan JB, and just last week purchased the new Sierra lap steel from Herby Wallace. It is everything Herby said and more! I'll be playing it through either my older Peavey Sessions 500, or my newer Nashville 400.

I have heard very complimentary things about the pre-war Rick Bakelite... and judging from my younger version, I can believe them concerning the tone. But I have never heard anything surpass this Sierra.

Let me thank all you contributors who have given me a lot of good scoop through the past several months. I owe you a debt of gratitude.

Happy steeling.

Steelnut

Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2000 9:32 pm    

Hi, OJ, welcome and good luck with the steelin'! I couldn't agree more about the Sierra, It's really one of the best instruments I've ever owned. Keep an eye out on our band website, we play B'mingham fairly often and I'd love to catch up with you and talk steel. Take care- www.bluegroundundergrass.com

------------------
Mark van Allen-"Blueground Undergrass" Pedal, Non-Pedal, Lap, and Dobro

oj hicks

Springville, AL
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2000 9:46 pm    

Thanks, Mark for the response and the invitation. I have your website bookmarked and will try to drop in often to see when you are in Birmingham. I notice in your picture you are holding that "beast." Boy, it is really something.

Take care. . .

OJ