The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  I have just lost my husband and my best friend...
Troy Cody

MEMPHIS, TN USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2000 12:31 am    

I wanted to say thank you to everyone on the Steel Guitar Forum..My husband checked it every day..and posted quite often....
Troy Cody passed away this afternoon ...totally unexpected...and I am totally unprepared...
he had a lot of friends in steel guitar..and he loved his steel guitars and played his everynight......and if I listen really close ....he's still playing....... thanks so much for being so kind.....Sharon Cody

------------------

[This message was edited by Troy Cody on 27 June 2000 at 05:38 AM.]

Kathryn Sabey

Rock Hill, SC
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2000 2:29 am    

Please accept my most sincere condolences. What a shock you have had, and what a loss to you, your family, and to us. I know we all will have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2000 4:47 am    

I'm incapable of expressing my feelings concerning your tragic loss. We all support you and are here for you. Although absent today, you will never be far from him. You have memories and life that was shared in love. You are truly blessed!

Fred Layman

Springfield, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2000 8:06 am    

Sharon, I'm deeply saddened by this news. Troy and I shared a common interest in Fender Custom steel guitars and exchanged a number of emails during the past several months. Please know that the thoughts and prayers of numerous fellow steelers will be with you as you and your family journey through your grief.

PS: Forum members might like to run a "search" under Troy's name to read the several fine contributions he made to our discussions.

[This message was edited by Fred Layman on 24 June 2000 at 09:30 AM.]

[This message was edited by Fred Layman on 24 June 2000 at 02:24 PM.]

billchav

Houston, TX USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2000 12:08 pm    

Troy was a personal friend whom I have known only a few years. He will be greatly missed by those that had the pleasure of knowing him even for such a short time. We have exchanged e-mails and phone calls. I was aware of his health problem but his enthusism for his music never wavered. A fond memory will be of his wife trying to get him to leave the St.Louis Steel Convention last year. Bill Chaviers

Ted Smith

Idaho - shot of Jeff Peterson, Ted and Smith Curry "Nothing but the taillights tour"
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2000 12:44 pm    

Very sorry Sharon! Please know that if you need help in some way from us on the forum we are here.

C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2000 12:57 pm    

My sincerest condolences to you and his loved ones.

May our Preciuos Savior see you through this most difficult time,

carl

George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2000 3:23 pm    

Aloha Sharon,
From Canada, I wish to express my sincere condolences in your tragic loss. I never had the pleasure of hearing or meeting Troy, but as a 'family' of steel guitarists around the world, each of us cannot help but be saddened when one of our family members passes. If it is of any comfort, please know that strangers whom you have never met feel your loss and wish you all of God's Blessings in the difficult days ahead.

Kenny Dail

Kinston, N.C. R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2000 9:53 pm    

Sharon, my heart goes out to you and the family for the loss of your loved one. I too am having problems with my loved one. I was told she only has a 20% chance of survival a few days ago. I sure hope the Lord will let me keep her for a while longer. I can't imagine what life would be without her. Put your trust in the hands of the Lord, he will see you through this. I will keep you in my prayers.

------------------
kd...and the beat goes on...

Tim Rowley

Pinconning, MI, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2000 11:51 pm    

Sharon, my deepest condolences to you. The fact that you informed us forumites right away touches me very deeply. You are in my prayers tonight. Trust God, He will carry you through this tragic loss and strengthen and sustain you today and everyday. Although I did not know Troy, the thought occurs that I will get to meet him someday. When it comes my time to go to be with the Lord, I'm certain that I'll meet a GOOD number of steel guitar players there and what a tremendous steel convention that will surely be! And yes, I believe you're right, I think Troy's still playing. Tim R.

Don Sutley

Pensacola, FL
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2000 5:48 am    

Sharon,
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. Thanks so much for posting this. Your husband had many friends he never met.
-Don

Rick Collins

Claremont , CA USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2000 2:16 pm    

Sharon,
I didn't know your husband but; I'm sorry to hear of his passing, of course. Glad to hear he was also your best friend.
Rick