The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Who is Anita Perras?
Paul Stertz

Pittsburgh,Pa. USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2000 2:09 pm    

I recently got a copy of the "Northern Steel" CD, and I gotta tell you, I haven't been able to stop listening to it. I also picked up a few others that I haven't been able to stop playing either (the guys at work really like that!). But anyway, back to my question, who is Anita Perras? Is she on any other records? I never heard of her, but I have to say she has got one FINE singing voice! IMO, I think she could give Shania singing lessons. Is Anita very popular in Canada?

Paul Stertz

Pittsburgh,Pa. USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2000 4:33 pm    

Wow, Joe! She's purdy! She has looks to match her voice. After reading the info on her webpage, I'm surprised I never heard of her before. Thanks for letting me know of her web site, I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for some more of her work.

Bob Taillefer

Canada
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2000 1:47 pm    

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the nice words regarding Northern Steel.
I worked with Anita Perras' Band from 1989 to 1999. She truly is one of the best country singers ever. Although she was popular in Canada and Holland, she never had a real break in the U.S. The 90's were not very kind to traditional country singers no matter how great they sang. I will relay the nice comments to her. Regards Bob

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2000 2:39 pm    

I went to the web site, and sure enough, she sounds great. With the song list she has on the CD, I'm sure many will rate it a "buy". Ain't nothing like classic country!

Paul Stertz

Pittsburgh,Pa. USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2000 3:37 pm    

Does anybody know where we can buy her other CD's? I looked for them online, but nobody seems to have a listing for her recordings. Her music is definitely done in the traditional country style.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2000 4:46 pm    

Ditto!

Paul Evans

Oshawa Ontario Canada
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2000 10:46 am    

Hi Folks... There has been a lot of interest in Anita since the new CD release of Northern
Steel came out. I was talking to Frank (Anitas Husband) today and she has 15 CDs left for sale if any one should want on. It is called "Anita's Greatest Hits". Anita has won almost every award here in Canada for her achievement in Country Music and I agree that she is one of the finest singers that I have heard. Anita sang lead vocals on a gospel track that I did called "Softley and tenderly", recorded for a compilation CD with 20 of the top Gospel singers from across Canada for The Arms Of Jesus Mission. I would love to see her do a Gospel Album..
You can hear her singing on this track here http://www.ambrec.com/Homepages/paul/paul3.htm As for her pages being old and not updated! I will agree that it needs to be updated and I was talking to her about that. Her site will be updated in the near future with pictures of when she received her awards and some new audio clips. You can visit her page here http://www.ambrec.com/Homepages/anita/anita.htm
Drop in and send her an e-mail.. She would love to hear from you.. Price on her CD is $15.00 Canadian plus $3.00 shipping and handling. There is great steel on it for you to enjoy. Thanks Paul Evans..

------------------

Paul Stertz

Pittsburgh,Pa. USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2000 2:31 pm    

Paul E., where do we send the money and how much in US Dollars would we send? I sent an email asking this, but I thought others may also be interested. Thank you.

[This message was edited by Paul Stertz on 22 January 2000 at 02:32 PM.]

Paul Evans

Oshawa Ontario Canada
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2000 9:19 pm    

Hi Folks.. Hi Paul
Thanks for your e-mail Paul. The cost of the CD is $15.00 plus $3.00 shipping and
handling, Canadian. Anyone interested in a CD can e-mail me at ambassdr@ambrec.com and give me your address and I will send one to you with an invoice. Thanks ..
Paul Evans
Ambassador Records

------------------