The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What ever happened to all those good TNN shows??
Bob Mainwaring

Qualicum Beach Vancouver Island B.C. Canada
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2000 10:59 am    

These last few months have been absolutely dead of anything worth watching music-wise. I don`t know about the rest of T.V. land is like out there, but where I`m located out in the boonies I can only get satelite T. V. and the Nashville Network was my only chance to listen/watch all those good "pickers and grinners" who used to come on stage at the `Opry. Since quite a while now nothing has materilised - neither from "Austin City Limits" where we could get some real stuff happening a way back.
Anybody any ideas where it`s gone to - or do I just quit going up and down the channels??

Bob Mainwaring Z.B. and other weird things.

------------------

Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2000 11:48 am    

The Nashville Network has lived it's life and is now fading off into the sunset.Probably won't be long and the Grand Ole Opry will disappear from the network lineup.Austin City Limits in its'beginning seemed to focus on C&W...now anything is possible to show up.The times they are a changin"!

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2000 6:13 pm    

You Said it!!...al

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2000 7:31 pm    

TNN"s Demise can be attributed to CBS. They just don't care about Country Music in NAW Yawk. Secondly the Gaylords have ruined The Nashville Scene.And are about to ruin The Grand Ole Opry. And there is a character Called Pete(Fishey)Fisher..I rest my case.

------------------
cjc

wgc

Gore bay,Ontario,canada
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2000 9:52 pm    

I also am on sat.dish and I watched TNN most of the time if there was country music on.It is rare now for me to even bother going there.When you take shows off the air like Gary Chatmens your going down hill

------------------

Bob Mainwaring

Qualicum Beach Vancouver Island B.C. Canada
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2000 10:38 pm    

Is it really true - I`m sick and tired of all this stuff that`s called "Country" these days.
Nearly everyone I know is in the same frame of mind as most of us here, so WHY dont the people in charge of things do something about it?
I know that millions of $$$$ ride on the kind of C&@* that`s purported to be country, but it can only go the way of "Non -Music" that most kids think cool listening to.
In the meantime I just have to listen to Galaxy Country Classics with NOT A THING TO WATCH.
Ah never mind - here`s `ole Buck with Tom at his side to comfort me at the moment.
Bob Mainwaring Z.B. and other weird things.

------------------

Jonathan Cullifer

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2000 7:20 pm    

What does Roller Jamming and all of the other junk have to do with the original reason the network was founded, Country music? But then again, a lot of the country music recorded today is pop and soft rock, nothing more. Disgraceful, just disgraceful.