The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ricky and Dale Watson at the Zoo
Fred Martin

Phoenix, Az
Post  Posted 7 Dec 1999 4:41 pm    

Went to Flagstaff to hear Ricky and Dale Monday night. They came in, set up, had to wait for the football game to end, played about two hours and hit the road. Met Ricky and Dale , enjoyed myself, almost no one there, not much promotion I guess. Ricky was about to freeze up. Just a great working band, got to see them in Austin sometime where the folks have a little more life.

Jerry Bruner

Albany, NY
Post  Posted 7 Dec 1999 6:36 pm    

You are a lucky dawg to get to see Dale Watson (and Ricky Davis of course) live. I hope to see them live someday soon. I have wanted to ever since I heard Dale's Truckin Sessions (back when it was just a cassette album)..... Ricky's steel on that album is impressive.

On a personal note... I was watching CMT and saw a video for an old Johnny Cash song (this was a new video filmed to the old classic Folsom Prison Blues) and I thought I saw DALE in the video. But just to be sure, I emailed Ricky Davis and asked about it. Ricky was kind enough to answer me, and it indeed was DALE in the video. I thought that was nice of him to answer. Sure would be nice to meet Ricky and Dale someday.