The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1955 Fender Stringmaster
Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 3:25 pm    

Well Almost. This is what I believe is the middle neck of a 1955 Triple 8 (dated under the tuning pan). 8 strings. It is very lightweight swamp ash and has been refinished black. Original pickups (no covers) and blend pot. Tuners in perfect condition and fretboard is clean. 24 1/2" scale. Chrome has some pitting but the bridge cover is clean. No volume or tone controls or legs. Sounds great and Fender never made a 24 1/2 scale single 8 so here you go. Also included is a very nice original condition Fender volume/tone pedal. Original pots work great with no noise. Included with the volume pedal are 2 new pots. One New Old Stock Allen Bradley 500K and one new Clarostat 250K. New hardshell case (moulded Sierra lap steel case) to keep everything in. I want to try and sell this as a complete package to someone looking for a great sounding single 8 Fender lap steel. I had this listed on Ebay a couple of days ago but decided to cancel the auction and try here first. There is a shortscale "neck" on Ebay similar to mine but in nicer condition at over $300.00 right now and it has 4 days left. Parts alone on this would be worth over $350.00. The volume pedals go for $150.00+ and a case just like mine just went for over $75.00 since they are no longer available. The pots go for about $25.00 each if you can find them. I would like $550.00 for everything including shipping in the US. I doubt you can find a Fender anything cheaper than this anymore. I can email pictures if you need them. Please let me know if you think I am off base here but I think this is a good deal for a player looking for that sound.

Thanks

Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2005 8:25 pm    

Will also sell guitar and case without v/t pedal shipped for $400.00. If nobody wants the entire guitar, let me know if you need parts as I will be parting it out and listing all the parts separately. Perfect tuners w/ pan, matched pair of pickups, bridge cover, fretboard, bridge w/ bridge plate, very lightweight ash body and a new case which will fit short or long scale D8 Stringmaster. Also Fender Volume/Tone Pedal and pots.

Thanks,

John Pelz

Kettering, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2005 7:15 am    

Hi Harry,
I just e-mailed you about the pedal.