The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  finally Melobar Supersteels
MELOBAR GUITARS INC

Sweet, ID USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2000 5:38 pm    

We've talked and talked about it, and you guys have had a lot of input on this guitar.
I have some pictures of it on our site under the Store Icon-"hotsheet"(could you link that for me Brad, I'm a bit slow on that stuff).
I really feel good about them, they all have the Pat. NS head that functions much like the Stringmaster.
Each neck is independent so with 2 thumb screws you can remove a neck and use it as a lap steel.
Someone on the forum wanted the 8 string pickups to be interchangeable, so you can use either Stringmaster copy pickups with a blender knob or interchange with a Lawrence 708 pickup.
All the necks are routered so you can add the Dobroism pre-amp at any time.
The outside necks have an interchangeable spacer shim so you can change the height of the outer necks to whatever fits the individual player.
You can put any componant combination from our standard lap steel line into the Supersteel frame for the same price as our lap steels. So prices start at $349.

Man this project's put some gray hairs on my head. Hope you guys approve of them.

Ted www.melobar.com

Brad Bechtel

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2000 8:46 pm    

Here's a link to the Hot Sheet, which is in Microsoft Word format. If you don't have Microsoft Word installed, it may prompt you to save this file. The file should be able to be opened in either Word (Mac or Windows) or other programs such as WordPad for Windows.

This is a GREAT looking lap steel/table steel. I can see this being very successful. Congratulations!

------------------
Brad's Page of Steel:
www.well.com/~wellvis/steel.html
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars

Mike Tatro

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2000 7:47 am    

Brad-

I own one and they sound even better than they look. I started with one each Lawrence humbucker neck and Tele Ratt neck. Both 6 string. The Tele Ratt just wasn't doin't it for me, so I sent it back and I'm waiting for another Lawrence neck as a replacement.

Anyway, I've never owned a poplar body steel before, The sound is MAGNIFICENT. Words cannot describe how perfect the tone is. It sounds great clean or overdriven, and you know how hard it is to find one steel that will do both well. I'm not a big fan of Lawrence products, but that PU is the best steel PU I've ever played. Period.

Bottom line, this is a fantastic product and Ted and company are just great to deal with. Considering that a new Remington (or like model) will run you $1,500 new, these Supersteels are indeed "steals" at this price.

This is of course, my highly-opinionated .02. Your mileage may vary.

[This message was edited by Mike Tatro on 10 January 2000 at 07:48 AM.]

[This message was edited by Mike Tatro on 10 January 2000 at 07:48 AM.]

MELOBAR GUITARS INC

Sweet, ID USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2000 8:11 am    

Thank you guys, hope they always live up to that.

I got a video done this weekend of them so anyone who wants a closer look just email an address and we'll send it out free.

Ted