The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  FS 1973 Shobud Pro 2
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 4:50 pm    

Sorry, Dan, that's faulty logic at best. Are you describing NEW parts, rebuilt parts---or parts that came off a yard sale guitar with either bent pedal rods, or improperly placed rods? What about the pedal bar that looks warped? Do the changers stick? Do the changers even WORK??? The seller admits the guitar needs to go to Ricky, or somebody else, for a cleanup. So 1250.00 may be a good price, or it may be too cheap, or it may be way too much. AND, a case isn't even mentioned!
So, IMO, you're comparing apples to oranges, Dan. I don't think Mark wants to sell it as a parts guitar.
At any rate, it's supposed to go to E-Bay tomorrow, and on E-Bay, it'll bring 1800.00.
Some pictures of the undercarriage WOULD be nice, though.
Has Robert Randolph ever played a Sho-Bud???(Sorry, I had to ask )

[This message was edited by Stephen Gambrell on 10 August 2004 at 05:54 PM.]

Dan Burnham

Greenfield, Tennessee
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 5:31 pm    

You think maybe I got a short in the logic?
To each his own. Nevertheless, that is a good question you ask, and you know what happens when that is asked.

But, I do think Rick James played this Shobud!

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 9:33 pm    

I'm almost certain that the picture is bowing the pedal rack as I highly doubt you can bend the pedal rack to a perfect small bow..ha....
I had to re-size the pictures to fit...as why that is; I'm sure. The pedal rod pullers have 3 holes in these models and can easily accidentally been put in the wrong holes...and a pedal rod that is bent is an easy fix.....you just bend it back with two fingers..ha.
I still haven't seen the underside as of yet...no worries. I see Dan's point in the parts and their worth; but also see Stephen's point in the pricing. If this is truly the barrel tuners behind two hole pullers; single raise/single lower; than the sound alone is PRICELESS; but sure you need to be able to function the guitar to get that sound. These series of Sho~bud's and that mechanism is my "Hands-down" favorite Sho~bud; for sound and playability; but then again I know how to work on them and make them trouble free for the rest of it's life...but many don't have the luxury of having to pull their hair out for years and years; learning just how to do it ; so a good mechanical guy that knows these guitars is gunna cost ya and how much depends on how much it needs to do this.
Ricky

Mark Kuhn

Bradenton, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2004 8:00 am    

Hey Gang....

I was very busy on Tuesday and now it's Wed. I'm going to hold off a few days before I decied to place the Shobud on Ebay. I just sent Ricky more pics of the underside.

We are getting ready for this big storm that is suppose to be here on Friday...That's why I haven't checked email last night and this morning.

Stay tuned.....

------------------
Mark Kuhn

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2004 8:15 am    

Yes indeed it is a first mechanism Pro II and my favorite.

Looks like it can use a good cleaning but it's all there and original pickups with coil tap for both necks.
The other underside pics just show the other two knee levers which are there but it was a little blury so I didn't put it up here for Mark....but the whole mechanism is there and in tack and if someone wanted this guitar with some clean up..they would have a awesome sounding Sho~bud.
Ricky

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2004 8:23 am    

Get out the cleaning tub and the steel wool, Ricky. My crystal ball sees another job coming on for you.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2004 10:12 am    

My hands are already hurting just looking at it..ha...Herb why don't you take this one???
Ricky

Dan Burnham

Greenfield, Tennessee
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2004 9:32 pm    

Ricky,
have Mark leave it screwed down to the boards on his windows with the changed facing the wood, then it would be sqeeeeeeeky clean ready for you to oil and work. Who knows, they are suppose to get from 10 to 50 inches of rain, surly that high pressure hosing would do some good. I've done one on my own, and I feel your pain. I got one out of a house fire, that I'm still cleaning on, there is nothing wrong with it, other than needing elbow grease. Hum? they sell that at Walmart don't they?

Farris Currie

Ona, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2004 2:07 am    

hello all,ya,i'm watching weather too!!!last
night they showed it coming right over my house friday!!well,i think a good Sand blasting at 200lbs.pressure,course grit would
clean her up!! then send her on to you guys.
can't do it until after storm!!!!!!
farris

Mark Kuhn

Bradenton, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2004 6:00 am    

Hi ALL,

Well the storm didn't hurt us here in Bradenton. WE were very Lucky and Blessed.

Farris, I hope all is well with you and your Family.

THE SALE OF THE SHOBUD IS PENDING.

I will post the buyers name when it sells.

Thanks.

Mark Kuhn

Bradenton, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2004 2:39 pm    

The Shobud has sold.

Todd Bowman was the lucky buyer. Todd says he saw the ad on the Steel Guitar Forum. He's not a member but plans to sign up tomorrow.

Best of luck to you Todd.

Thank you Ricky Davis and all the others who have given me advice on this Steel.

Now I can start asking all you non-pedelers about advice about tunnings. I need mucho help.

Thanks Once again.

-Mark-

P.S.
b0b will be seeing a check come his way for the listing. Thanks Bob.

Mark Kuhn

Bradenton, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2004 2:41 pm    

^^^^^CLOSE^^^^^