The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Doubleneck Lap Steel Project Guitar and case
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2004 11:40 am    

This is a really fascinating one- I have a half-completed Double ? Lap Steel... It's 34" long, 11 1/2" wide at body end. Hollow body with one wide single neck large enough for two 8 string necks, or two sixes, or one of each... routed for two pickups, two pots on each side, selector switch and jack (on body side). Neck ends in nicely flared peghead area which has not been routed for tuners, so will fit whatever... The body is painted gold, like a vintage gold-top Les Paul, which could easily be refinished any color. The top, however is an absolutely gorgeous piece of rosewood, beautiful grain and natural finish. It looks like a fairly recent job, however, it comes with what seems to be a new-old-stock vintage tweed case, which really seems to be old, but in new condition, including hinges, handle, and even keys! All I can figure is some luthier built the guitar to form fit the case. This would make a totally gorgeous, one-of-a-kind, custom instrument for anyone who has the time/parts to put on the hardware. Just the body, no keys/pickups/electronics/etc. I'll send pics to those who need 'em. I really wanted to finish this out myself, but I can see there's just no time. $225 and shipping.

------------------
Stop by the Steel Store at: www.markvanallen.com