The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Easily Read Tablature Blanks 10 & 12 String
Fay Reid

Orono, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2004 7:40 am    

I joined the Forum about one week ago and have not followed tablature developments too closely over the years. I trust that the tablature blanks that I am offering are not already in existence. At least, I have failed to see any. If there are such, forget that I ever wrote this.

The blanks offer easy reference to strings on the steel in both 10 and 12-string versions for E9th and the universal tunings with a choice of 4 or 5 lines of tab per page. (no need to number the strings) There is a choice of about 7 colours, including grey, from which to choose. (Yes, they are in living colour!)

I have been using tab since the early 1950's and I mean early! I developed a variation of the tab system that I am now using about 30 years ago, then, about 15 years ago developed the modern system without colour because there was no easy way to reproduce colours with the technology available at that time.

There are 2 types of files available; jpg files for quick reproduction and pmd files for those with Adobe PageMaker who wish to modify the format for personal situations. (1 or 2 strings could be added, easily, as could the saturation of the colours.) The tab does not have clef notation but that could be added easily to the 4-line versions and perhaps one of the 5-line versions. (The 5-line, 12-string would be too crowded.)

I do not have a website to offer the files. If someone has some space available on theirs, with instructions on how to post them, I would do so. I am willing to email the files to anyone who wishes the files, unless that course of action runs into the thousands. There is no charge for the files and I think that you'll not be disappointed when you see the results.

Sincerely,
Fay Reid
Orono, Ontario
dmreid@look.ca

Will Holtz

San Francisco, California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2004 10:41 am    

Fay,

I have a webpage with blank tab files I created in PDF format as referenced in this and this forum thread. If your blank tabs offer something different than what I have, I will gladly host them on that same webpage.

[This message was edited by Will Holtz on 11 November 2004 at 10:47 AM.]

Fay Reid

Orono, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2004 8:57 pm    

Hi Will,

My tab system has an added feature, to those exibited on your link, which makes referencing between the strings on the guitar and those on the tab very easy such that there is no need to number the strings. Particularly, with prior 12-string tablatures, differentiating strings is somewhat difficult.

They are all bundled as self-extracting files of about 3M bytes each for a set of 10-string and 12-string, respectively. Each jpg file is a little under 300K bytes.

As Adobe PageMaker documents (pmd), the files are much smaller. The pmd's can be edited easily with PageMaker.

I could send you the 2 self-extracting 3M files for inspection or a couple of samples for faster transfer.

The easiest method would be via email. Then, you could set it up as you wish without sending me instructions for posting.

Thanks,
Fay

Fay Reid

Orono, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2004 8:58 pm    

Sorry for the spelling error. "exibited" should be "exhibited"