The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  burning the honkey tonk down
Charles Turpin

Mexico, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2004 12:23 pm    

I wonder if anyone has tabbed out this lighting fast steel break the one on the E9th or the one on the C6th tunings. If they have will they e mail me a copy

------------------

Tommy Roten

Trondheim, Norway
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2004 4:48 am    

Anyone?

------------------
MSA D-10, Goodrich, ProfexII, Mosvalve, Eminence 12"
www.tommy-steel.com
pertrot@frisurf.no

Joe Yednasty

CA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2004 7:35 am    

Good luck with that one, guys.

------------------
"Eskimo" Joe Yednasty
Emmons P/P S-10
Peavey Session 500

Boo Bernstein

Los Angeles, CA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2004 7:41 am    

Not sure if you meant "Burnin' The Roadhouse Down." If so, Buddy and Ernie have the C6th solo tabbed on the Buddy Emmons site: http://www.buddyemmons.com/Burnin.htm

Hope this helps, Boo

Tommy Roten

Trondheim, Norway
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2004 9:43 am    

Okay, I think I've got the E9 solo down, but do correct me if I'm wrong. This is the first solo I've tabbed down by the way, so make room for some mistakes. Where it says 7g, it's a knee lever that raises the seventh string a half step.

1______________________________________________________________________________________________
2______________________________________________________________________________________________
3____________12___________10___________________________________________________________________
4_____________________________________________________________________________________7_________
5______12-12a____12a-12________10a-10__7a-7_____5__________________________________7-7a____7a-7____
6______________________12__________________5b____5b-5___________________5____7-7b______________7-7b
7_____________________________________________________5-4________5_______________________________
8________________________________________________________5-5e-5____5-5e-5_______________________
9______________________________________________________________________________________________
10_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1_____________________7________________________________________________________12___________10_
2______________________________________________________________________________________________
3_________________7b______________________________________________________--12____________10____
4______________7________7_______________________--12___--12__________________________12-10_______
5____7-7a___7a_____________7a__7a-7______7__________________12___12a__12________________________
6___________________________________7b_____7b-7_________________________________________________
7______________________________________________________________________________________________
8______________________________________________________________________________________________
9______________________________________________________________________________________________
10_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1____________7_______________5_________________________________________________________________
2____________________________________3_________________________________________________________
3______________7-7b______5b____________________________________________________________________
4__10-9___7______________________5-3_________________0__________________________________________
5___________________5a__________________3a__2a__1a_____1a-0a___________________________________
6____________________________________________________________2b-0b______________7-7b___________7
7___________________________________________________________________________7____________7-7g__
8________________________________________________________________________7____________7________

1______________________________________________________________________________________________
3______________________________________________________________________________________________
4______________________________________________________________________________________________
5______________9-10_______9______________7______________5_______________________________________
6________9-9b_________9b_____9b-7b___________7b-5b_______5b-5____________________________________
7__9-9g_____________________________7g_____________5_________5__________________________________
8_________________________________________________________________0_____3-4____0________________
10______________________________________________________________________________________________

------------------
www.tommy-steel.com
pertrot@frisurf.no

[This message was edited by Tommy Roten on 14 October 2004 at 10:46 AM.]

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2004 5:55 am    

anyone have an audio clip of this?

thx

bob

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2004 5:27 pm    

What is the actual name of this tune?

thx

bob

Tommy Roten

Trondheim, Norway
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 7:52 am    

It's called "Burnin the honkey tonks down" by Alan Jackson.

------------------
www.tommy-steel.com
pertrot@frisurf.no

Paul Sisson

Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2004 8:21 am    

Here is the lick (I think). I haven't tried it yet. http://www.centuryautosales.com/BURNLICK.mp3

If the links is correct you should be able to click it to play or right click and select "Save As" to download.

Charles Turpin

Mexico, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2004 9:27 am    

That is it Paul thanks for posting that for me . Bob this is the mp3 to the break Tommy posted

------------------