The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  For your eyes only!
Jay Riddle

Pennsboro, W.V.
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2004 10:45 am    

I have heard a beautiful steel guitar rendition of this classic Bond film song;my favorite Bond film by the way.I don't know who played it but I heard it off a cassette
over the phone and it's a beautiful instrumental on the steel.Does anyone know who does it and better yet how to get the cassette and tab for it?
Jay

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2004 6:07 am    

I've tossed the replys to this original request/posting by Jay; as they really didn't go anywhere to find this beautiful song "For Your Eyes Only".
I certainly would like to hear this rendition done on Steel if anyone knows who may of recorded it? And possibly take a stab at Tabbing it.
Ricky

Roy Thomson

Wolfville, Nova Scotia,Canada
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2004 6:53 am    

I did a WinMX search for the song and found Sheena Easton is the major vocal artist
for the music.
There were no Instrumentals in the results that I got back.
I did download the song and it will not be one I would work on soon. To do justice one would pretty well have to have the music.
In my case anyway as this is not a three chorder.
Roy

Jay Riddle

Pennsboro, W.V.
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2004 7:01 am    

Ricky,I certainly agree with your decision to wipe out the replys.It was getting us nowhere.Although,I know one particular person didn't share in my sense of humor,that's just the way I am and I meant no harm,really.I tried sometime back to post some tab,but I need a few tips on how to do it on here.could you you give me the basic tips on how to connect the dots so to speak.And I'll give it a try and post my version of the basic melody which really just repeats itself over and over and the other steelers can take it from there and do it in their own style and post their versions of it.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2004 7:42 am    

Hey Jay cool man. Well I'm actually leaving right now for a golf tournament the rest of the weekend; so I'll be outta pocket. Looks like Roy is on it and HE IS DA'MAN....He has a wonderful ear and tabs super great. There is a nice "how to post tab" help; see if that gets you anywhere as far as posting the tab on this section. As far as actually writing it out....well I use the old fashion way of typing it on note pad...yeee haaa...and if you get that done on your computer..send it to my email and I'll post it for ya Jay; or can give you some more tips on writing it out as I see it and we'll go from there. I will have access to a computer out on the road but very seldom....but promise when I get back Sunday to help more.
See ya'll; wish me luck..ha.
Ricky

John Poston

Albuquerque, NM, USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2004 8:13 am    

Maybe this will help.
http://www.tv-timewarp.co.uk/midi_files/JamesBond/JamesBond_ForYourEyesOnly.mid

I'm hoping to find time for "You only live twice" and had this website bookmarked.

Jay Riddle

Pennsboro, W.V.
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2004 11:13 am    

Thanks a million Ricky,I probably will send it to you via E-Mail and let you review it.Thanks John for the melody that really helps in finding the right notes to this song.Thanks for taking the time to post it.
Jay

Jay Riddle

Pennsboro, W.V.
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 11:15 am    

Ricky,I went ahead and sent you the first half(or more)of the tab.I hope you got it.If you did let me know and I'll send the other half to you.
Jay

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 9:42 pm    

Yes I did get it Jay; but it's not lining up in the text of my email...I can't do nothing with it unless you do it in Notepad or wordpad or Word and then attach it to a email to me. I also wrote you saying that I can't/don't have time to proof read to check the tab against the song or clip; as I don't have time to do that>sorry. My 16 hour work days are all tied up.
Ricky

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 11:26 pm    

And in a related story, Bob Hoffnar plays the p out of Thunderball on the Doodars CD http://steelguitarmusic.com/music/bobhoffnar.html