The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  It's Only a Paper Moon
Kenneth Kotsay

Davie/Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2000 3:37 pm    

No, I'm NOT REQUESTING this song in TAB form, in fact it's not even a country song. Last weekend I was listing to an OLDIE radio station here in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and they were playing this song by the MYSTICS. This DOP WOP group back in the late 50's or earily 60's had a hit called, "HUSH-A-BYE". Anyway, this song just drags you back in time, it's a very happy type of teenage song, something you just don't hear any more being produced and aired.

What I want to do is try and download this song form the internet. Does anybody here on the forum know where I can download songs of this type (OLDIES). Most likely I'll end up buy the CD of their Golden Hits but for now, I want to be able to hear it over the internet.

I was able to hear about 30 seconds of the song when I went to "CDNOW". There must be a web site out there that has the entire song.
If you got time go to the CDNOW web site and just search for the group MYSTICS you'll see they are selling 2 CDs, each CD has this song as a sample listed.

Just a note, it was Santo & Johnny's "Sleep Walk" that got me wanting to play steel in the first place back when I was a teenager in 1964.

OlLDIES NEVER GO AWAY, that period in music time will always be with us. After all it's like American Apple Pie.

Chippy Wood

Elgin, Scotland
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2000 11:25 pm    

Hello Kenneth,
This song was recorded my many people as you would expect, the one probably most famous, was by 'Nat King Cole'. If you can't get it over there I will try and mp3 it for you and send it, I'm not very proficient at this sort of thing though and it may take a while,you could in the meantime try a web site called www.napster.com.
Ron (Chippy) Wood

------------------
Chippy
Carter S10/Pad