The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  E9 Three Pics
Ingo Mamczak

Luimneach , Eire.
Post  Posted 8 Aug 1999 6:51 pm    

I use the third finger pick to try and get comfortable
with it . ( It only gets used 6 times in all ) .

D6 A (?) G (?)
E 4__|________________________|_________________________|_______________________|
B 5__|__________0_____________|_________________________|_______________________|
G# 6__|________0_________0_____|___________0_____________|___________0___________|
F# 7__|______0_________0___0___|_________5__________5____|_________3_________3___|
E 8__|________________________|_______5__________5___5__|_______3_________3___3_|
D 9__|___0_________0__________|_________________________|_______________________|
B 10_|________________________|___0__________0__________|____0_________0________|

Pedals+Levers ( B ) ( A B ) ( B )

A7 D
E 4___|______________________|_________________________________________________|
B 5___|______________________|_________________________________________________|
G# 6___|_________0____________|____________0____________________________________|
F# 7___|_______1________1_____|__________0______________________________________|
E 8___|_____1________1___1___|________1________________________________________|
D 9___|______________________|_________________________________________________|
B 10__|__0_________0_________|_____1___________________________________________|

Peds/Levrs ( A B R ) ( A B R )

A = + 1 tone on the B string.
B = + 1/2 tone on the G# string.
R = - 1/2 tone on the E string.
(-1)/(-1/2) = second string - 1 tone to - 1/2 tone .
I'm not sure what the second and third chords should be called , " 9 " ?

Large sound file , 183k

[This message was edited by Ingo Mamczak on 08-09-99]

Ingo Mamczak

Luimneach , Eire.
Post  Posted 8 Aug 1999 6:56 pm    

It's an MP3 file .

Ingo Mamczak

Luimneach , Eire.
Post  Posted 9 Aug 1999 8:22 pm    

Dean Forshee

Benicia, California
Post  Posted 9 Aug 1999 8:59 pm    

Ingo,

It sounds (when listening to the MP3 file) as though you are playing something slightly different than you posted. In the first note of the 2nd and 2nd to the last bar, it sounds like you are hammering on or pedaling into the note from a half step lower... which is interesting since it's the lowest note on the guitar... do you actually have a note lower than the copedant that you listed?

Ingo Mamczak

Luimneach , Eire.
Post  Posted 11 Aug 1999 6:38 pm    

Hi Dean ,
You are right about the first note of the second bar , I am pedalling it in . Under the second bar , I just wrote ( A B ) , but I am actually pedalling in the " A " on the MP3 file . The rattle is the bar hitting string 8 in the fifth fret just after I play that 10 string . In the very last bar , the A pedal was down , and I hammered on , on the 10 string in the first fret . I wrote the pedals like that to keep the notes uncluttered looking . The guitar might not be up to pitch , so the B probably is tuned a bit low , but the copedent is the same . Thanks for your response .
Ingo.