The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Agok MK2. Opinions on this?
Adam Tracksler

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2024 6:27 pm    

I’m looking for a pedal steel again. (Had to sell mine for various reasons and want to play again). My budget is about 2k, and I saw this on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/326111241435?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=b5kj2HILQ_6&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=oVcEEO9VSTS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I was able to find one older thread about Agok, but not anything else. https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=3200811&sid=f914878afe163e4b095f583e2ae88722

Hoping I could pick the SGF hive mind on these. I like the looks and the price is in my budget.

Thanks. Ad

Per Berner

Skövde, Sweden
Post  Posted 3 May 2024 9:47 pm    

If I were you, I would stay away from an obviously pretty old guitar (with a rather limited changer) from a manufacturer hardly anyone has ever heard of, especially since stretching your budget just a little bit would get you a modern guitar from a well-known, respected builder that is still in business and can provide spare parts and answers to your questions.

Last edited by Per Berner on 4 May 2024 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Stew Crookes

Paris, France
Post  Posted 4 May 2024 3:42 am    

I would suggest avoiding anything like that guitar - you can still get a good, name brand steel (like MSA) at the top of your price range with available (secondhand) parts, and a community of people here who can help you solve problems that arise.

The only reason to buy an old, off-brand, low production guitar like that is if you like dealing with mechanical challenges more than you like playing music.

stewcrookes.com

Adam Tracksler

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2024 4:30 am    

That was kind of what I was thinking. Under no allusions that this would compete with the Fessendens or Moyo I had....