The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question for Nux Atlantic users,+4 / -10?
Gary Newcomb

AustinTexas, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2024 7:06 am    

Got this pedal last month and while it’s been a smash hit winner on my tele/vibrolux gigs!
On steel gigs however, I have yet to bond with it. For those of y’all that love it, +4 or -10 ?

Dave Grafe

Hudson River Valley NY
Post  Posted 2 May 2024 7:25 am    

Standard signal levels are +4dB professional line level or -10dB instrument/hifi level. While running this pedal between the VP and amp input you would definitely select -10dB, while many - but not all - amplifier effects loops operate at something approaching the +4dB line level. If the latter is your style you should consult the amp owner's manual or try it both ways to determine the best signal, least distortion, and lowest noise levels for your rig. This applies to all gear featuring switchable level options. Many common stompboxes use impedance matching circuits to at least nominally function well in either circuit application.

Hope this answers your question.

Gary Newcomb

AustinTexas, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2024 9:04 am    

Thanks for the explanation, Dave! I’ve been using it after the vp for steel or the last in chain before the amp for guitar.
It came with the input set to +4 and I haven’t changed it. Sounds so good on tele. I’ll try the -10 at the gig tonight (psg)