The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Guitar tech Norfolk
Madeline Dietrich

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2024 9:38 am    

Hi,

I'm looking for a tech in or near Norfolk, VA, who has experience with old Fender consoles. Mine is a 1956 Stringmaster T8. The problem involves the tone control (doesn't work as it should) and there's also a common problem affecting all three blender knobs the same (a buzz at one end of the spectrum). A component or wiring issue common to all three necks. I'm sure it's a ground issue. I've tried working on it myself, but after taking those plates off four times now (replaced the cap three times, replaced the tone knob, replaced the volume knob), I'm convinced the solution is beyond my ability to diagnose. The push-button neck selector works properly, but maybe there's a short in there somewhere affecting all three necks. I'm the first person to open this thing up and I've kept the original pots and cap. Anyway, probably tmi. I can provide more specific details (and pics) if anyone wants to speculate about what the problem may be.

In the meantime, I'm looking for a tech close to Norfolk. Alas.

Thanks!

Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2024 12:29 pm    

Billy Cooper has a steel guitar shop in Orange, Virginia. I don't know if he works on electrical repairs. You can find his contact information in the "Links," upper right of this page, under Vendors.