The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lynn Stafford RIP
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 7:21 am    

Lynn passed away Saturday night Apr 20 2024. He impacted many people in the steel community with his passion of rebuilding or setting up steel guitars, especially Emmons PP’s. If he layed hands on it you could count on it being right.

Now the Lord can lay his hands on our friend Lynn. RIP dear friend, we are going to miss that smile for sure.

Phone: 971-219-8533

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 7:26 am    

He came here and courageously and frankly described his condition and his expectations. I have much respect.
I'm sad to read this. I'm sorry for all of our loss.

Pete Bailey

Seattle, WA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 7:35 am    

That is sad news. Lynn was an excellent steel tech and a great conversationalist as well as a fine player. He will be truly missed.

Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 8:02 am    

To most in the steel guitar community, Lynn was considered an expert craftsman, a font of knowledge and a genuinely nice person. Personally, I’ve been privileged to experience Lynn’s journey from non-player to becoming not only a musician, but a legendary steel guitar mechanic as well. Every guitar he touched became a better, more valued instrument.

Lynn was a close friend. I will miss him, as will all the steelers that his life has touched. My condolences to his lovely wife Kathy. Lynn, rest in peace after a life well lived.

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 8:07 am    

I am heartbroken. Lynn was a such a good friend, and he helped me so much in sharing his knowledge. Prayers for his wife Kathy and the family. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com

Last edited by Tommy Detamore on 21 Apr 2024 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 8:10 am    

Well respected and loved push pull mechanic and player. RIP Lynn. My prayers for his family and friends.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 10:08 am    

RIP Lynn; you can now "Rest high on that Mountain" and now your spirit lives on, and sees what my Teacher Tom Brumley's Dad, "Albert E Brumley" wrote for us to see what it looks like where you are.

https://youtu.be/-io0lNHzhP8?si=7eJzYAssnDbx6BUM

Last edited by Ricky Davis on 21 Apr 2024 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bill Lowe

Connecticut
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 10:22 am    

Very sad news. Never met Lynn but talked on the phone a few times. Made a few purchases. He was also fair and helpful. Seemed like a good man. Thoughts and prayers to his family. He will be missed.

Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 10:41 am    

Lynn got me into the push-pull world years ago and was one of the nicest and most considerate people I've ever met - a gentleman in every sense of the word. Several times I posted on the Forum with mechanical questions on a P/P. My phone rang within minutes and it was Lynn taking the time to come to the rescue and talk me through it. I am proud to be the owner of two of his refurbished P/P's - they will always serve as examples of his outstanding craftsmanship and attention to detail and most importantly his friendship and advice. You can now rest in peace my friend - the world was a much better place with you in it. Prayers for Lynn, Kathy, and family.

Bill Terry

Bastrop, TX
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 10:47 am    

I'll echo what others have said. Lynn was such a great person. Beyond being an awesome mechanic, he was SO willingly helpful in sharing knowledge and expertise that he could have charged for. I owned two P/Ps that came through his shop, and of course they were immaculately prepared in every way. I always enjoyed a chat with Lynn, and never failed to learn something when I did. He's truly going to missed. Prayers for all the Stafford family.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 10:58 am    

So very sorry to learn of this news, RIP Lynn.

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 11:02 am    

I really hate to hear that news. At the Texas show, (a pre-Covid year), a bunch of us chipped in to hire a hotel shuttle bus over to the Hard Eight BBQ. Lynn and Billy Knowles were both there along with other steel players and industry people. I was introduced to Lynn setting beside me while eating outstanding BBQ. It was my favorite memory of the entire trip.

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 11:12 am    

Another Master Steel Mechanic gone….Thanks for everything Lynn….Carl

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 11:19 am    

To Kathy - my heart hurts for you and your family.
You and Lynn were champions in your joint struggles, and triumphant in your final hours. May God bless you and hold you tight.
Donna
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 12:33 pm    

So sorry to lose such a nice man, and talented member of the psg family I had a very nice visit with Lynn and Kathy on Feb. 4, along with his pal Harley James and Seattle steel tech Patrick Timmins, who's been understudying with Lynn.

This photo was taken the following day at the Swede Hall in Rochester, WA. Lynn was in no pain, pretty quiet, and still able to get out to heckle Harley on his gig. Smile

[/img]

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 12:45 pm    

No that long ago , thanks for the picture John.

Phone: 971-219-8533

Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 12:53 pm    

RIP Lynn. You will be missed. Condolences to his friends and family.

Steve Rosko

Georgetown, Texas
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 12:56 pm    

I didn't know Lynn as well as some, but I did have the honor of meeting him. He helped me with questions about my PP in person and over the phone after I moved. What a great guy, willing to share his knowledge with anyone that asked. The steel guitar family lost a good guy. Prayers for Lynn and his family.

Mark Robinson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 1:43 pm    

I had the opportunity to visit Lynn while on an overnight when he lived in Oregon City. He welcomed me into his home and showed me around his shop.

I purchased an early cut tail from him and became friends with him very easily.

I’ll miss the phone ringing and, seeing that it was Lynn, looking over at my wife and saying “I’ll be back in about an hour”. Those chats were invaluable.

He was always a pleasure to be around.

RIP Lynn.

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 3:10 pm    

A grand man. There’ll never be another quite like him.

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 4:31 pm    

I'm saddened to hear of Lynn's passing. I've had many, long conversations with him. What a treasure he was. A man of integrity and a sincerely nice person.

I called him about 6 weeks ago. We didn't talk nearly as long as in the past as he seemed tired. He was still Lynn though and very glad to talk with me.

I pray for The Lord to comfort all of Lynn's family and friends in their loss. Lynn's gone on now to a better place with The Lord. We'll surely miss him.

Sincerely,
Chris "Tiny" Olson

Jon Hyde

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 6:22 pm    

Kind, generous, meticulous and great at his craft. Always made me feel welcome. We’re sure going to miss him in our PNW world. And all over the world. Was super sorry to learn this news.

Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 8:57 pm    

Very sorry to hear this. Lynn was always very nice to me at the Portland Jams, a true gentleman for sure. I wish his family well.

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2024 5:33 am    

Sad to see this ... only met Lynn a couple times, once at his home in Damascus and once in Jublitz... what a nice mild mannered gentleman he was. Prayers for his family.
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2024 6:21 am    

Oh no...I met Lynn once, and had a few telephone conversations with him. In one instance, he replied to a thread I had posted on the forum, talked me through the situation on the phone, then called me a couple of days later to see whether it was resolved. Lynn's passing is truly a great loss, not to the steel guitar community alone, but to the human community.