The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My Jackson Blackjack Custom Was Built 14 Years Ago Today!
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 11:46 am    

On this date, April 20th,2010, the Jackson Steel Guitar Company built my best pedal steel guitar, my Jackson Blackjack Custom! It's still my best and favorite steel I've owned/played! David, Harry, and Dawn Jackson did a wonderful job building it, and I still love playing it to this day!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 12:12 pm    

No birthday pictures?

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 12:14 pm    

Bill McCloskey wrote:
No birthday pictures?

I'm on my phone and will add them when I get back to my computer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Tony Oresteen

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 6:26 pm    

Happy Birthday!!! May you have many, many more with your baby!

Too many guitars, not enough time to play
'72 Sho-Bud 6139, '71 Marlen 210
'78 Fender Stringmaster T8 black
PedalMaster D8

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 6:21 pm    

Here are pictures of the guitar-it now has a new name "Midnight Rider"-not because of rock music, but because of the black color-it'd been "Black Diamond" for fourteen years. David and Harry Jackson built it on April 20,2010 and I got it on April 24,2010 and it's still my best pedal steel, and this time, it'll be a house guitar, meaning it will stay set up at my house constantly. It's been to steel shows, church, and jam sessions, but will now stay in my house. It's my main pedal steel.

Tim Sergent

Hendersonville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2024 7:00 am    

Hi, Brett! Happy Birthday to "Midnite Rider" I'm still playing my first Jackson that I got too. Not sure when I got it. It was a red sunburst color in the beginning, but I got tired of red and had David paint it black for me, but it is the same guitar. It's been put through the wringer over the years out there on the road. Goes to show what great guitars Harry and David build. They have definitely built a few over the years.

Hope to see you soon!

Tim

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 1 May 2024 9:05 am    

Tim Sergent wrote:
Hi, Brett! Happy Birthday to "Midnite Rider" I'm still playing my first Jackson that I got too. Not sure when I got it. It was a red sunburst color in the beginning, but I got tired of red and had David paint it black for me, but it is the same guitar. It's been put through the wringer over the years out there on the road. Goes to show what great guitars Harry and David build. They have definitely built a few over the years.

Hope to see you soon!

Tim

Hey Tim, it's probably the same guitar you were playing when Dierks opened for Hank Williams Jr, and also the same guitar you were playing in 2010 with Dierks at the "Up On The Ridge" show.

Tim Sergent

Hendersonville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2024 6:56 am    

Yes it is. It's the only D10 Jackson I've owned. I still have my brown SD10 Blackjack too

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 2 May 2024 10:06 am    

Tim Sergent wrote:
Yes it is. It's the only D10 Jackson I've owned. I still have my brown SD10 Blackjack too

That's awesome, Tim! I still love my Blackjack, and it'll always be my main steel-the only thing different is, I'm using a polymer bar now instead of stainless steel bars