The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  EXCEL S-11 off mkt until Oct.
K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 18 May 2024 11:50 am    

EXCEL S-11 E9 off market for now
Maker:Mitsuo Fujii
4 pedals, 5 knees. 24 1/4” scale. Standard E9 with low E like Tom Brumley and Al Perkins. Beautifully engineered and built in Japan. If you want a really light weight and very stable instrument this is it. They are becoming more widely known and popular so why wait to have one made?
I built in a tone control and good quality chorus, 4 stage distortion and tremolo. It all runs on 2 9V batteries. They are connected to a separate jack, maintaining the original jack connected directly to the pickup. It’s great for “grab it and go” or for flying. I put it in a padded rifle bag and put it right in the airplane overhead with no problem, but it’s only about 40lbs in the light but sturdy hard shell case!
Not a closet queen, but it’s in great shape and held up well through gigs on the road and many venues over the last few years. See pics below.
Though I love this steel I’m cutting back on my collection so am giving someone else a chance to experience the beauty of EXCEL and that very useful low E string.
$3500 with free shipping anywhere in Continental USA. PayPal and Venmo accepted (I pay fees) or will discuss other payment methods.
Copedent: Es and Bb on left knee, RKL raises 1,2+7 RKR lowers 2+9. Emmons ABC pedals. Pedal 4 lowers 5,10 B-A 11 E-D.

Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Donner, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

Last edited by K Maul on 23 May 2024 6:14 am; edited 2 times in total

C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2024 5:07 pm    

Hi, do you know, when that Guitar was built? Yes, Excels are great Very Happy . I've had several! Do, you know if Mitsuo's still alive? For he and I, were Friends! A Nice guy! Very Happy

C.

Jeff Rady

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2024 9:02 pm    

Hi K,

I’m interested. Sending a PM now.

Thanks,
JR

Daniel Stein

Glen Allen, Virginia, US
Post  Posted 19 May 2024 1:19 pm     Steel

Pm sent
Quilter mach 3
Quilter aviator gold
Two Sho bud single channel’s
Custom b bender Tele
Fender telecaster bass
Yamaha fretless bass
MarkBass 1x12 (Bass rig)
‘70s Slingerland Drumkit
Yamaha modx 6 (keyboard)
‘79 washburn Jethro burns mandolin
2022 deering deluxe banjo
Unknown early 1890s to early 1900s fiddle

K Maul

Post  Posted 20 May 2024 4:34 am    

Still for sale. Guitar was built about five years ago. Mitsuo is still in business and still doing great, from what I hear.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Donner, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

K Maul

Post  Posted 21 May 2024 7:13 am    

TTT until Thursday, then I’ll take it off the market for a few months.

C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2024 7:47 am    

K...

It might be easier to sell it; if they knew what this incredible PSG can do. Wow!...

For, NO other PSG; has that many holes in their channels; and All CAN be used. Thus, the bottom 3 holes are for flattening. The next up, has 5 holes for sharpening. The next up has 1 hole for another flattening. And the next up; is for another 2 holes for Sharpening.

For each channel, it has 11 holes. Which makes the pedals, So Smooth. Where each strings; get there at the exact same time! Again...NO other PSG has it! Also, the frets have a beautiful Neck. But the first, of these Excel's; had only black and white "Fret Necks". So, I asked Mitsuo to have a colored fret neck, And he did it. WOW!

And I bought it. So Awesome! And, any one can see it, above. I hope that helps for you "K". And I will pray to Jesus, that you will sell it soon,

C.

K Maul

Post  Posted 23 May 2024 6:15 am    

Suspending the sale until further notice.