The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2013 Goldtone SM Weissenborn-style Solid Mahogany
Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2024 9:06 am    

This is the solid mahogany version of their Weissenborn-style guitar. The dating comes from here - https://www.goldtonemusicgroup.com/img/goldtone/serial-number-labels/gt-label.jpg - so it's May, 2013 if you look at the label photo below. It's pretty close to new condition. The case is an Ibanez that's had the center pocket cut out. It fits pretty well. There's a little bit of wiggle room around the upper bout, but the fit is solid in the lower bout and horizontally (upper bout to lower bout).

I think it sounds good, especially for an inexpensive Weissenborn-style. DR Veritas light-gauge phosphor bronze strings installed recently. Currently tuned to open low Open G = D G D G B D, but often use Open D = D A D F# A D.

The guitar is with me in Nashville until Friday. We can meet in-person if you're interested. Beyond that, I'm driving back to PA Friday and probably Saturday, probably through KY, Ohio, and Western PA, and I'm fine to meet on the road if I still have it. $650 cash, in-person.

Pictures - if you right-click 'Open in new tab', you should be able to get significantly more resolution than displayed here.