The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Vegas 400 Effects Loop
William Kendrick

Bedford Heights, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2024 4:09 pm    

Interesting problem today. I put my effects units into the Vegas 400 effects loop, instead of between the volume pedal and the amplifier. It sounds great. But when I came back to it later today, no sound. When I unplugged the effects from the effects loop and back to between the volume pedal and the amplifier, everything works. Trying to figure out what happened. I really liked using the effects loop.
1979 Emmons D-10 P/P 8X5, Lawrence L-710 Pickups, Li'l Izzy, Telonics Volume Pedal, Goodrich Super Sustain Matchbox, Lexicon MX200 Dual Reverb Effects Processor, Peavey Vegas 400 Amplifier with BW Speaker.

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2024 5:52 am    

Dirty or open contact on the effects in Jack. Quick fix, put a small jumper cable(pedal board cable) between the in and out jacks

William Kendrick

Bedford Heights, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2024 6:30 am    

Thanks, Ken. I figured out the problem. The input volume on one of my effects units was set too low. I assume preamp couldn't get enough signal to amplify. Turned up the unit. All is well. Thanks again.
1979 Emmons D-10 P/P 8X5, Lawrence L-710 Pickups, Li'l Izzy, Telonics Volume Pedal, Goodrich Super Sustain Matchbox, Lexicon MX200 Dual Reverb Effects Processor, Peavey Vegas 400 Amplifier with BW Speaker.