The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Case for Zum D10
Michael Daily

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2024 9:12 pm    

Want to buy a case for a Zum Steel double 10 guitar, if anyone has any info. Looking for a case that is close to the original case in construction, durability and weight. Probably wood construction with the cloth/vinyl type veneer covering. Not looking for a "flight case" of the heavy duty kind. I have reached out to a few people in the steel guitar world including Bruce the original manufacturer, but no luck so far. Thanks for any names and/or ideas. MIke D

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2024 12:35 pm    

Measure it then check Mullen.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Graham Bland

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2024 2:28 pm     Case for Zum

Mike,
Wouldn’t you be better off with a flight case with wheels?
It would survive better in the back of an 18 wheel trailer better
And certainly ride better under the bus!

Michael Daily

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2024 11:37 am    

Thanks for the tip. I have a flight case with wheels that I use for flying which isnt often, thankfully. That is the one I spoke about which is so incredibly heavy. It works well for flying but with flight case and even wheels is a struggle pulling through airports as everyone knows. Anyway,I have my main steel kept in a gear-production trailer and is well taken care of with a normal case. Its my secondary steel I use for local gigs, that I need the lighter but strong case, because of loading in and out of my truck and carrying through hotel kitchens and typical local gig scenarios and other poor load in capabilities.
Thanks though, I will keep looking. md

David Graves

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2024 3:28 pm    

Michael.. I have an original Zum D-10 case that my 2010 Hybrid came in that is in mint condition. I bought split cases for my Zum and don’t need the original case. If you’d like I can send you pictures. Just let me know.