The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Need parts for Derby D10 - pedals & rack, pedal rods, legs
Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2024 3:49 pm    

A friend of mine picked up a Derby D10 from the Goodwill online auction. He got a ridiculous deal on it with the caveat that it is missing the pedal rack, rods, legs and case. The guitar is green, it came from Goodwill in Corpus Christi, TX. It was probably from the estate of someone who passed on so no telling where the missing parts may have ended up. Parts needed are:

- Pedal rack with 8 pedals, or alternatively just eight matching pedals. A LeGrande pedal rack would work on this guitar too, the spacing is the same and the pedals are suspiciously similar to boot. The leg spacing on the rack is 32-1/2" center-to-center, any brand pedal rack that matches that would work.

- 8 standard length pedal rods

- 4 standard length legs (26")

I know that Michael Yahl has a variety of individual pedals and other parts in stock, Wayne Brown too. We are just checking here first to see if perhaps someone has the correct used parts lying around or something else that will work. If we strike out then he can go the new parts route. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Ian Worley on 26 Feb 2024 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Wayne Brown

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2024 5:59 pm     steel guitar parts

There is a gentleman on ebay that is selling a lot of Derby parts. I have bought a bunch from him for my next build. It might be worth reaching out to him as I know for a fact that everything he has is NOT listed on ebay and he may be able to help you with a lot of original derby parts. I think his handle is pairadocks. I just checked the pictures he had sent me and I see bare pedal racks and I just bought 8 pedals from him and I know he has a lot of those. also for the legs Gary Sill has a good deal on those as well. I also bought a set from Gary as well for the next build... I hope this helps
thanks
wayne

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 9:47 am    

Thanks Wayne! The guitar's owner did tell me about those parts on eBay, I suggested he hold off to see what else was available, they're a bit pricey for just a raw pedal with no mounting hardware. That's a good tip to reach out to the seller to ask if there are other parts available (like a complete pedal rack). Still hoping to find some suitable used parts but good to know those are out there in case nothing else is available.

Ronald Sikes

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 10:42 am    

Get in touch with Johnnie King or Sue King. He had a D10 he converted to a single neck so he should have some parts. They’re both on Facebook also.
Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats