The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Remington Steelmaster S8 Console + (SOLD pending payment)
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2024 1:24 pm    

Howdy, folks!

Need to sell my Herb Remington-made 22.5" scale Steelmaster S8 w/ a custom Steeltronics pickup wired to get that 1940s-50s non-pedal sound (far superior sound to the stock George-L p/u, closer to a vintage Stringmaster sound). Also has the deluxe case. This went for $1,300 new, not including the new pickup which I understand cost $150. from Steeltronics.

I'm only the second owner and have had it a little over a year (sounds killer, but I need 5K's worth of dental work Whoa!), but haven't had a chance to play it much. Has never left my smoke-free home. In perfect condition, but for two small nicks (pictured and easily fixed if that bothers you). Guitar plays and sounds fantastic.

Scott Schwartz of Steeltronics confirms it's an 8-string version of their CE10 because it can take a coil tap if so desired.

$1,000 and we'll split the shipping?

I'll take a check from a long-time Forumite, CashApp, or PP add the 3% PP. Either way's fine. I've sold many guitars here... we'll work it out.

In addition to HS like new case, it also comes with a denim leg bag.

Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Last edited by Mark Helm on 6 Apr 2024 11:46 am; edited 14 times in total

Al Meyers

Downey, California
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2024 2:18 pm     Remmington

Hi Mark,

What is the scale of the neck?

Thanks

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 7:56 pm     Hey, AL!

I believe it's 22.5, although I can double-check this week. That's what I was told when I bought it.
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 7:59 pm     For reference..

For reference, here's Frank Walsh's doubleneck 22.5" scale...

My guitar sustains really well....

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 8:06 pm     PS) This is the only Cherry Red Steelmaster

To my knowledge, this is one of the very few custom-color Cherry Red Steelmasters. It hasn't been refinished. As a reminder, I am only the second owner. Steel's in excellent shaps and sounds amazing!

Last edited by Mark Helm on 2 Mar 2024 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Al Meyers

Downey, California
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 9:13 pm     Remington

Thanks Mark. Also, is the bridge and nut aluminum or steel?

David Rattray

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2024 12:59 pm    

Mark I had one identical dead mint paid six hundred US from California a hard sell here in Canada how ever they are great steels ...

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2024 11:42 am     Remmy

Most of these go for $1,000-ish here. You must have bought it a while ago. Mine also has the deluxe case AND a custom Steeltronics pick-up that cost an extra $150. While the George-L stock pick-up sound great on pedal steels, this Steeltronics p/u sounds much closer to, say, a vintage Stringmaster.

Last edited by Mark Helm on 24 Mar 2024 3:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2024 1:13 pm     Ttt

Reduced again. The pickup on this thing sounds amazing and came custom from Steeltronics (you can add a coil tap if you want but sounds great as is and is in beautiful shape.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2024 10:45 am     Ttt

And TTT

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2024 12:59 pm     Re: Remmy Steelmaster S8, Steeltronics P/U, - REDUCED...

Mark Helm wrote:
Howdy, folks!

Need to sell my Herb Remington-made Steelmaster S8 w/ a custom Steeltronics pickup wired to get that 1940s-50s non-pedal sound (far superior sound to the stock George-L p/u, closer to a vintage Stringmaster sound). Also has the deluxe case. This went for $1,300 new, not including the new pickup which I understand cost $150. from Steeltronics.

I'm only the second owner and have had it a little over a year (sounds killer, but I need 5K's worth of dental work Whoa!), but haven't had a chance to play it much. Has never left my smoke-free home. In perfect condition, but for two small nicks (pictured and easily fixed if that bothers you). Guitar plays and sounds fantastic.

Scott Schwartz of Steeltronics confirms it cost $150 and is an 8-string version of their CE10 because it can take a coil tap if so desired.

$1,000 and we'll split the shipping?

I'll take a check from a long-time Forumite, CashApp, or PP add the 3% PP. Either way's fine. I've sold many guitars here... we'll work it out.

In addition to HS like new case, it also comes with a denim leg bag.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2024 6:36 am     Ttt

Great guitar---and great sounding w/ that custom Steeltronics pickup. Scott Schwartz of Steeltronics confirms it cost $150 and is an 8-string version of their CE10 and you can add a coil tap if so desired.

$1,000 and we'll split the shipping? Great case, too, with denim leg bag.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2024 11:19 pm     ttt

ttt

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2024 7:06 am     Reduced To $1,000

...AND I'LL SPLIT THE SHIPPING. Should be around $35 or so for each of us, insured.