The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Boss Waza Air wireless personal guitar amplification system
Rudy Zuniga

So. Cal, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2024 12:12 pm    

Does anyone know if the Waza Air will work with a pedal steel guitar? I've started to try and contact Boss Roland and I've found it to be a major PITA just to ask a simple question. I have a difficult time trying to practice while the grandkids and wife are sleeping and thought if this worked it would be very beneficial to me.

https://youtu.be/Yzct7gf1QAE?si=gke1Si4MXi_Xe5c4

Thanks

Ellen Angelico

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 6:58 am    

I love using mine with steel. Takes some finagling to get the tone right, but once you're happy you just save the preset and hardly ever worry about it again. Depending on what type of volume pedal you have, you might find it challenging to plug the wireless bug in. But that is easily remedied by putting a tuner (or any other) pedal after your volume pedal.

Can't say enough good about it. They're pricey but they have renewed my interest in practicing.

David Ball

North Carolina High Country
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 10:22 am    

When mine worked, it was nice. But I found that it frequently dropped offline if I did something like turning my head. It seemed to be very sensitive to direction. I ended up sending it back.

Dave

Rudy Zuniga

So. Cal, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2024 7:20 pm    

Thank you both for the input

Jon Jaffe

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2024 4:47 pm    

I use mine to practice, and I find I can practice longer with them, and my household does not care. Both the headphones and the unit that plugs into the guitar have accelerometers in them. They are used for spatial effects in the headphones. Most of the time, the steel guitar and volume pedals are stationary. I think that is the reason why the guitar unit turns off by itself. This can be frustrating.

I have a fix for this. I plugged a 3-foot cord into the send jack of the volume pedal and then plugged the guitar transmitter with a female-to-female connector. I then draped the transmitter and cord over a clip fastened to the right inner leg of my guitar. The assembly sways almost imperceptibly but is enough to keep the transmitter on.

John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2024 8:43 pm    

Ellen Angelico wrote:
Depending on what type of volume pedal you have, you might find it challenging to plug the wireless bug in. But that is easily remedied by putting a tuner (or any other) pedal after your volume pedal.

A short male to female cable like this would work as well. Might need to zip tie the female end of the cable to the pedal rack so the wireless receiver isn't laying on the ground.
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5

Jon Jaffe

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2024 8:55 pm    

l would tie it to your R leg so it moves and does not shut off.

Ellen Angelico

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2024 6:43 am    

I'm sorry y'all are having that trouble with the headphones turning off. Check out page 33-34 of the manual: https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/WAZA-AIR_BTS_eng03_W.pdf

I have auto-standby turned off and selected "sound sensing" instead of "motion sensing." If you make these changes and plug the wireless bug back in the headphones to reset the connection, maybe it will fix your issue? For whatever it's worth, I plug the wireless bug back into my headphones each time I turn them on. This has kept the wireless connection stable for me.

Really hope this helps!