The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Danny Dodson
Derek Puckett

Cookeville Tn
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2024 10:39 am    

Not many people know Danny but He was a local steel player. Gary and I was talking about him last night. Gary said he was the main inspiration for him wanting to learn the steel guitar! Gary was playing Strat in a local band and they needed a feel in drummer, that feel in drummer brought his steel guitar player with him a very young Danny Dodson. Gary said after that night he went out and found a steel guitar and put the Strat away.
I didn’t get the opportunity to meet Danny but had heard him play, what and amazing talent and from what I have heard an amazing person. Thank you for your inspiration, Danny if it wasn’t for you they may have never been a Rittenberry Steel Guitar! Rest easy.
Please keep his family in prayer during these hard times. God give them comfort.

https://memorial.oaklawnmemorial.com/danny-dodson/5372898/index.php?fbclid=IwAR2ztqMlAkbaR3DGk2__q-_xPhMf8op-naKU9rGWEOpNCe3aNEICJmoiS_E_aem_AUUaOoGdW50MQeHrNsdbETBIGerPMmiUNyBV6tL9DJ58OCcrdpOYwhMrBqRxGpMbBAU

Beau Morris

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2024 12:56 am     Thank you so much

We just buried my wife’s mom yesterday. Anyways, Danny’s daughter just recently joined our Sunday School group. I looked him up here, bc I knew he just died and was a pedal steel player. I sent this post to her, and she was so happy about this post. Man, that’s crazy, she just joined our message a few weeks ago.