The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  *Larry Toliver Classes at Dallas Show..Pics steels for sale*
Larry Toliver

Merkel, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2024 6:38 pm    

Hello fellow steelers!
Here's a quick note about the upcoming classes at the Dallas Show.

**New Info**
I have a friend who is elderly, has literally $100,000 worth of Steels, lap steels, Guitars, amplifiers (Quilter, Telonics, and more) Dobros, microphones, rack units, and tons more stuff. He is selling all of it, and has asked me to help with it. We plan to have a sale at his house in a couple of weeks or so, and also some here on the forum.**

**I will be bringing 2 Single Neck Steels** a Show Pro Single neck E9th (red & blonde) and a Purple Justice single neck C6 setup 5 & 5**
They will be in all 3 of my classes starting Thursday am. ***pictures are below***

Thursday March 7th. 9am-noon......E No Pedal classes...beginner to intermediate
Friday March 8th. 9am-noon...........C6 classes.....beginner to intermediate
Saturday March 9th. 9am-noon......E9 classes beginner to intermediate

In all of these classes...we will start with tuning, bar basics/techniques, volume pedal basics, The Nashville Number system, chords, scales. Pedal classes obviously differ quite a bit from non pedal classes. Each class will teach new songs for your particular tuning, licks, tablature with an accompanying cd and rhythm tracks to practice with. If you'd rather have a flash drive...you can bring it to class and I'll load everything for you. Please let me know which class you'd like to attend. It helps me prepare the correct number of booklets and cds.

See y'all in Dallas
Larry T 325-518-3947 cell
An Infinity D-10 with 8 & 9, now a Telonics Combo Amp with an M1XL TC effects unit, and a Telonics Volume Pedal with that crazy blue light, a Session 115 and matching cabinet, and a Peterson Flip tuner with another blue light!

Last edited by Larry Toliver on 5 Mar 2024 6:41 pm; edited 3 times in total

Lee Barber

Sweeny, TX, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2024 6:52 am    

Bump
Larry has a great class and is a very good instructor.
Join him at his classes at the TEXAS STEEL GUITAR CONVENTION. Don't miss out.

Larry Toliver

Merkel, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2024 1:53 pm    

Thanks Lee,
I appreciate it. All of the classes are filling up nicely. Thank you everyone for the calls and emails about taking the classes. See ya'll in a couple of weeks. This is gonna be a great Steel Show. If you're on the fence about one of my classes....please give me a call and let's talk.
And...by the way...I have been teaching these classes for about 10 years, and I usually estimate how many are in each class, each year, fairly well. Last year I undershot it. There were 5 or 6 more in C6 and E9 both than I had planned for. I will try to be ready this year. Please email me, call me, or post here if you're planning to come. It really helps out.

Larry Toliver
An Infinity D-10 with 8 & 9, now a Telonics Combo Amp with an M1XL TC effects unit, and a Telonics Volume Pedal with that crazy blue light, a Session 115 and matching cabinet, and a Peterson Flip tuner with another blue light!

Bill Edwards

Centerton, AR
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2024 11:47 am    

How do we sign up

Larry Toliver

Merkel, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2024 8:16 pm    

Bill,
You can leave a message here on this post...
You can call me @325.518.3947
You can email me at tliver1956@gmail.com

You can also just show up...but I'd sure like to know (some idea) how many books and cd's to prepare.