The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Warning About Fed Ex
mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2023 8:51 am    

Sorry for all the caps but I want to relate two incidents that have happened to me over the last few weeks. Ordered a new amp from a store in Houston and they shipped Fed Ex ground with Signature Required. The day of delivery the doorbell rings and I answer the door and the driver was already in the truck and pulling away. I thought that the store had neglected to put signature required on the package.

Yesterday I received a steel that I purchased from Justice Steel Guitars. There was no doubt that there would be signature required. I of course stayed at home and shortly after noon the door bell rings and I go to the door and the same thing happened. Just left on the front porch and drove off. I called Fed Ex to discuss this and the status recording came on and said it was delivered and signed by me. Absolutely FALSE. Now it could be just a local issue but when the CSR asked if I had proof I said yes, I have a video doorbell and have the video of the guy dropping it off and leaving without waiting for me to sign for it.

Just be careful if you are using them. Nothing was damaged but if they are forging signatures and your item is stolen you may not have any recourse at all.

BTW Happy New Year to everyone and the steel is great.

Plays like a dream.

Mark T.

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2023 9:36 am    

FWIW, I received a package from FedEx that was sent with signature required. I saw the driver pull up and went to the door. He made some conversation and started to leave. I asked him if I wasn't supposed to sign, he said all he had to do was see me. I didn't give it much more thought being I was home at the time.

I haven't read the fine print on their policy, but I agree that signature required should warrant product received acknowledgement from the recipient.

I'm not sure, but I don't think this is particularly a FedEx issue exclusively as all the parcel delivery drivers are on tight schedules working a lot of long hours.

Mark Shuda

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2023 9:39 am     Fedex

yup. bad stuff

Last edited by Mark Shuda on 30 Dec 2023 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Richard Lotspeich

North Georgia
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2023 9:41 am    

I get lots of deliveries through FedEx and I have to say they've become one of the worst shippers and have some of the worst drivers right now. Some of the problems we're talking about are driver only and not company but you cannot call and complain or getting anything done through the company.

Michael Butler

California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2023 9:42 am     Re: Fedex

Mark Shuda wrote:
Mark,
I have recently had similar “incidents “ with FedEx.
Upon doing research on the “black web” I have found FedEx to be one of the most “corrupt “ Companies in the world.
I would like to reach out to any Steelers who may be interested in joinining me in a potential class action suit.
Sincerely,
MJ Shuda

you'll have to drag them all in. usps, amazon, fedex and ups(pronounced oops)!

http://muscmp.wordpress.com/

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2023 9:47 am    

Aside from my earlier reply, I have had no real issues with FedEx. I get pretty timely service with no damage compared to the rival.

People are people everywhere and a lot of them are not concientous about their job.

When I dropped off my last shipment, the agent took the information, including the size, right off the box. I had to point out to her that the printed size was inaccurate because I had cut down the box to fit the product. I told her every time I had been there, they measured the carton for the correct size.

The tracking delivery notice did have the correct dimensions but that didn't affect the cost since it was already paid for.

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2023 9:54 am    

During the pandemic carriers stopped taking signatures because of the risk of infection but that’s now been rescinded. This time of year both UPS & FedEx hire temp seasonal delivery drivers and they really don’t care about proper protocol. What’s the worst that could happen to them? They get fired? It’s unfortunate but a reality!

FedEx Ground has always been contract people and not true FedEx employees so you’re not getting the same level of customer service. I had an issue with UPS last week where I ordered 3 cases of ammunition from the same company as I have many times previously. The box had been opened and retaped with clear packing tape. (No damage to the box and the shipper uses brown tape) I opened the box to find an entire case of ammo missing! Ammo is triple boxed so it didn’t fall out and it was also the box that had the invoice so it wasn’t an accident. It was a temp driver who delivered.

Contacted the shipper and they were great. UPS left me a voicemail just 2 hours later with what can only be described as computer generated broken English. Definitely not a human voice and totally unintelligible. I called the number back and got a recording that it was a non working UPS number! Went through the prompts for the claim, etc. and a recording said no one could help with the claim as it’s pending. Next morning it showed “claim closed unable to contact customer.” This really is the exception and not the rule as I almost always get exceptional service from all.

Sorry for the long story but it demonstrates that they quickly say it wasn’t their fault and close the claim. The company did send a replacement case and all is well for my part. But reality is someone blatantly stole a case of ammo and UPS isn’t concerned about it. How many times has this happened? This is an ATF regulated item and there’s no doubt in my mind it was intentionally stolen. Did I mention I retired from one of these companies after 26 years? I’m well versed in all aspects having worked in most every position. 🙂

Happy new year all.

Dave 🙂

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2023 10:15 am    

FedEx Ground used to hire extra help over the holidays, those were seasonal drivers who would drive only over the holidays, and let go as soon as holiday rush is over… don’t know if they still do that or not , but that may be the reason… also those guys are slammed , and they run with no break the whole day to get everything delivered …

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2023 10:36 am    

Quote:
Mark,
I have recently had similar “incidents “ with FedEx.
Upon doing research on the “black web” I have found FedEx to be one of the most “corrupt “ Companies in the world.
I would like to reach out to any Steelers who may be interested in joinining me in a potential class action suit.
Sincerely,
MJ Shuda

I think you’ll have challenges in your recruiting efforts and finding legal representation! Rolling Eyes

“The black web” isn’t a reputable or even legally recognized foundation on which to assert your claims. You’re more likely to find yourself a target of federal investigators wondering what you’re doing there or why you’re linked to some of the material that exists on the “Dark Web!”

These companies have groups monitoring for negative based campaigns by people or corporations who libel their company and interests or threaten legal action. I’ve seen cases where people have started crusades against FedEx in particular only to quickly find themselves on the receiving end of litigation filed by FedEx. (Major case earlier this year where FedEx spared no expense with legal teams and press coverage.)

They all have deep pockets and the best legal teams at their disposal. We have a right to free speech. But we aren’t free from the repercussions of that speech.

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2023 4:59 pm    

I had a good local UPS driver for years. He even waved if he was mowing his lawn. Never had any problem, He was great. We have a new driver, Not got any packages since he started delivering. Time will tell.