The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Franklin D-10 9x8
Philippe Bronchtein

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 30 May 2024 7:04 am    

I've decided to move on my Franklin D-10. This guitar made an appearance on the forum several years ago. I ended up purchasing it on reverb in 2019.

It's an incredible guitar, I had it set up by Buck Reid right before the pandemic, and it has mostly sat in my studio since with normal use for overdubs and practicing.

it's serial #69 which places it in the early 80s. Cosmetically it's in very good shape. There is one bar ding in the metal edge, but overall it's very handsome. The tuners are original and are a bit worn out, but once you get it in tune, its very stable. It's got two pickups in each neck, although i tend to default to the bridge pickups, they just sound richer to my ear.

I'm moving on from this guitar for a couple of reasons. First, i don't feel comfortable taking it out on a gig, and i'm realizing that as more of a road grunt then a collector, this guitar isn't really serving my purposes. Second, the extra levers on the C6 neck are too much for me. I'm still a fairly rudimentary C6 player, and I bit off more than I can chew.

Asking $13,000 and am open to partial trades. Particularly interested in an Emmons P/P, Rittenberry, or Williams. Open to offers.

Unfortunately, I will not ship this guitar, but I am happy to drive a significant distance from Nashville to make a delivery. Will also be on tour across the US for much of the summer so delivery range is wide.

Jerry Horch

Alva, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2024 1:27 pm     Franklin

That is quite a unique Franklin for sure….

C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2024 3:24 pm    

Philippe Bronchtein,

I'm wondering about the 9th pedal; on the C6 neck. Where they didn't lower the 9th string; from F to E. Surely it's an error. Rolling Eyes Because, every since the day, Buddy Emmons created; those 3 changes; they have been there. Hmmm Please check it out; and let me know Very Happy . Philippe.

Also, I did saw, an interesting pedal #4; that works the E9th neck AND the C6 neck! Where there is a change on C6; and the 9th string and F to G. Now, that is a GREAT Change. I never thought about that. Many used that to a G, instead F. But later most made it F. So, I'm going to do use my 4 pedal; and do that G change. On my Emmons PSG...Now, I'm glad I saw this Post. Very Happy Laughing Thanks Philippe. And Jesus, may bless you, and yours always, Amen!

C.