The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Wtb Gfi D10=Please Close-found one !
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2023 7:57 am    

After doing more research and checking with individuals, I have decided that a GFI is what I really want, and either an Ultra or Expo would be fine...doesnt have to be keyless...I understand that no Expos are keyless anyway. So, if you have one or know of one for sale, I would appreciate hearing from you. You can PM me, I check frequently. I havent set a price limit as I have discovered that my thoughts on pricing is antiquated ...haha...just like me !!
Thanks in advance.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 1 Dec 2023 6:50 pm; edited 4 times in total

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2023 2:58 pm    

bump for this WTB.thanks
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Jay Carroll

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2023 7:27 pm     Williams

Larry, There's a Williams D10 keyless that I was hoping to buy, but couldn't due to real estate taxes due.Located in or around Fort Wayne,Indiana ($3000 and pick up only) if interested

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2023 8:09 pm    

I had a Williams keyless D10 for several years and loved it. I don't remember what it weighed but I know it was MUCH lighter than the old Clark D10 I played before I got it. I think it was only about 40lbs in the case. This one had an individual support between each changer finger and it was a little hard to get the string ball on the pin, so if you find a Williams, a 400 series or later wouldn't have this problem.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2023 9:32 am     Re: Williams

Jay Carroll wrote:
Larry, There's a Williams D10 keyless that I was hoping to buy, but couldn't due to real estate taxes due.Located in or around Fort Wayne,Indiana ($3000 and pick up only) if interested

Thanks for that information...I checked on it, but its a long way for me to go and Bill said its at least 25 years old, and the changer is old, no parts, so I passed on it.

I guess the search is part of the fun, but prices have gone so high these days that it takes part of the fun out of it !

I saw on another site a Zum Encore listed for $3k and a Williams D10 for $7500...of course that is the asking price, but seems like things have gone out of my budget !

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2023 1:11 pm    

Prices are ridiculous many places. I've been holding out for a particular type guitar, but nothing in my budget yet.

Still, average prices overall are up but those prices you quote are rather extreme and you can do better than that. You just have to be vigilant and patient. I'll keep an eye out for you too.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2023 2:19 pm    

Jerry Overstreet wrote:
Prices are ridiculous many places. I've been holding out for a particular type guitar, but nothing in my budget yet.

Still, average prices overall are up but those prices you quote are rather extreme and you can do better than that. You just have to be vigilant and patient. I'll keep an eye out for you too.

Thanks Jerry, I always enjoy your inputs. I have decided that I am going to search for a GFI D10, ultra or expo. I had a GFI quite a few years ago (must have been before the expo, ultra because mine said nothing on the front other than GFI). It was a good solid steel, and perhaps the keyless part wouldnt reduce the weight all that much, so just a D10.

Thanks !

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2023 4:13 pm    

You may have had one of the early GFI guitars before the different models and distinction.

FWIW, the Ultra can be keyless or keyed. Expo, keyed only.
Good luck with your hunt.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2023 6:50 pm    

PLEASE CLOSE ! Bought a GFI !