The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ohio Steel Guitar Jam
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2023 6:41 pm    

Oook. I have all the details worked out for the Steel Jam .September 23rd 2023 . At Good Shepherd Community Church ( Annex in rear ) 210 Obetz rd..Columbus Ohio 43207 .Doors open at 10:00 Am .Hopefully we can start at 11:00 Am . Food will be provided by the Church ladies . We will be playing all styles of music from Gospel , Country , Blues , etc . If you sing please feel free to join in .We plan to have 3 players at a time ok heres the deal , I need to know now if you plan to play , it takes a lot of work to put this on . If i dont get a lot of response in two weeks i will cancel the event . The venue will seat around 800 people . For more details call (614) 774-3109 ..Gary Preston .

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2023 7:45 am     Steel jam

Hey Gary, count me in. Steve Black.

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2023 5:05 pm     Jam

OK I posted on here about having a steel jam . I asked you to respond , at this time only one played has responded .If only one player responds to this , i will give this a little more time or cancell the jam . Its up to you to make the jam happen if you dont then this will.be last jam i will ever have . Its a lot of work to put these on , so if you want to see the jams go away then all you have to do is " do nothing " . You decide . Quite simple ,, no response no jam !

B. Greg Jones

Middleport, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2023 10:10 am    

I would like to attend but I have a show in Ripley W.Va that day

Greg

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2023 3:14 pm     Ohio Steel Guitar Jam

Ok folks , just a reminder , we will.be having the steel guitar jam on September 23rd .At Good Shepherd Community Church , 210 Obetz Rd . Annex at the rear of the building . Its open to all steel players , and singers . A back up band will be provided . We will be playing all styles of music from Gospel , Country , Blues , Bluegrass , etc. Food will be provided . The venue will seat maybe 800 people . Doors open at 10:00 Am. Hope to start at 11'ish . We will have 3 players to play each set . Singers will rotate .No change to attend . Bring the whole family ,everyone is welcome . Room for all .The ladies of the Church will be
Selling food to cover the cost of the event at a fair price . We want to get the jams going again on a regular basis . Please help us out with this event ..it would be appreciated very much . Be looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks or so . For more information please call Gary Preston at 614-774-3109 . Thanks again .

John Sohn

Fort Wayne, IN
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2023 10:56 am    

I will be there. I will be bringing my Williams D10 to see if anyone is interested in purchasing it. I will also be bringing my Quilter Travis Toy 12 amp if anyone would like to give it a try.

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2023 8:16 am     Ohio Steel jam

Just a reminder folks ,the Steel jam is this Saturday Sept 23rd .Hope to see a great crowd . 11:00 am . Doors open at 10:00 am . Lots of room for all , food will be served .Hope to see you there ..Gary ,614-774-3109;

Dave Morrison

Whbg Ohio Usa
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2023 4:59 am    

Hey Gary; I’m planning on coming tomorrow unless something unforeseen happens.

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2023 4:56 am     Ohio Steel guitar jam reply

Hello Gary, sorry I couldn't play, my knees have been hurting me really bad, but the jam was fantastic, that Boss Katana amp you were playing through sounded awesome, you got the tone on it, those amps seizes to amaze me, I play through mine at home and it sounds teriffic.