The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Electra EP250 REV+DELAY 70s, 80S era Analog Rack Mount reduc
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2023 10:31 am    

Please read thoroughly. Unit works fine but has a really sensitive reverb. Has had a level switch repair. Unit sold as is.

Lengthy listing text but just want to put all the info I have about the unit out there.

I bought it online about 4 yrs. ago. These were made in Japan and sold by St. Louis Music.

Late 70s early 80s analog circuitry Echo and Reverb. Gorgeous old school analog sound. Full length spring reverb tank.

The round handled output level switch in the 5th pic was replaced with the square handled one as the circuit for the MIX OUT jack didn't work.

[See this thread https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=352276&highlight=electra+ep250 ]

I removed the circuit board and sent it to forum member George Biner who was kind enough to test it for me. Was discovered the problem was in the switch. We were unable to locate exact replacement but found suitable one that works great electrically but the switch handle is a little shorter and physically different.

George wired the switch in and cleaned up the wiring for me and I re-installed the switch and circuit board back in the case.

You can see where I spliced the leads back into the original wiring. The rough looking black stuff is just rtv added for insurance to the shrink tubing.

The unit works fine. The reverb sounds great at normal settings, but is really sensitive. Getting up to halfway setting and into really splashy 'verb it wants to howl. I have replaced the original dried out pan foam mounting but that doesn't seem to make any difference. The lower the output level switch setting, the less sensitive. Orientation and proximity to associated gear matters too.

Also, leaving the cover off eliminates the issue completely.

I dunno for sure but I'm guessing it's just the nature of the beast. I can't find any information about the unit online.

It's probably somewhere around 40 yrs. old so the case has some dings, scratches and touch-ups. I crafted some handles for the front as the originals were missing.

2 rack spaces for 2 1/4 " between centers but the way the face plate is made, it'll take up another space depending on your rack rails and case are laid out.

Works fine as noted but sold as is.

I'm trying to clean up my inventory of gear and raise some funds for a pedal steel....that's why I offer it for sale.

Asking $350 + shipping. Cerfified bank checks or money orders. No paypal. Cash in person meet or pick up. Sales and shipping in conus only to verifiable forum members. Offer, listing and price subject to change or removal at any time.

Taking the price down dramatically to $200 + shipping because I'm not using it and need to move it out of my way.

Message my PMs for questions etc.

I guess it's OK to post this promotion ad which was posted in the 1980 ISGC program. If not, someone let me know.
Picture file

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 29 Jan 2024 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2023 10:03 am     New Price Reduced to $300 + shipping etc.

Great analog delay...a bit grainy and greasy...more character than digital stuff...fabulous piece for straight guitar. I like it for steel too.

If you dig old school analog effects, this is for you.

I will consider reasonable offers from forum members

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2024 3:33 pm     Bargain Price

Great little unit. Just not using it $200 +s/h. Final offer. Firm

Due to downsizing, I'm just going with my digital stuff for weight and bulk.

This would be a great addition to anyone's all analog rig. Absolutley terrific effects. If you're into analog stuff from the late 70s, 80s era, you'll love this.

A bargain @ $200 + shipping for this unit. I'll pack and ship personally with no 3rd. party expense. Most likely FedEx, but maybe USPS depending on value, distance etc.

I only accept money orders or cleared personal checks and ship to forum members in the conus. Hit me up on my forum PM service for contact.

I have a lot more than that invested in it, but I'm willing to sacrifice to meet my present needs.

Papa needs a new pair of tennis balls for his walker.

Buy it before I change my fickle mind.

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 7 Feb 2024 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2024 7:21 pm    

🤠 😎

If you like the 80s Ibanez AD80 and Boss DM2/3 delay pedals, you'll definitely like this....and at a better price than those old vintage pedals...plus you get a real spring reverb pan in the case.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2024 1:15 pm    

...bumper upper...