The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jimmy Capps cds or book
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2023 8:52 am    

I am interested in purchasing any cds (or vinyl or cassette) you might have featuring Jimmy. I know of the recording he did with Weldon, and there is also a cd called In Time for Dinner that appears to no longer be availalbe. Also with one with his wife called 7th and Union....also his book Man in Back...which is very expensive right now on Amazon. Anyway, like many of you, he was one of my favorite guitarist over the years and I would enjoy some more music of his.
Thanks
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2023 12:23 pm    

Larry I know you're looking for audio recordings, but here's a great clip of Jimmy and some of the Nashville musicians.
I love Charlie McCoy's vibes. And we lost Hoot on fiddles several years ago now. Anyway I'll look for other Capps things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAQSLadXkRQ

Tim Sergent

Hendersonville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2023 8:44 am    

Ferlin Husky's band, The Hushpuppies, also made a record which is now on cd. Terry Bethel is on steel and he gave me a couple of them. I'll look for them and pm you if I find them

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2023 9:16 am    

Duane Becker wrote:
Larry I know you're looking for audio recordings, but here's a great clip of Jimmy and some of the Nashville musicians.
I love Charlie McCoy's vibes. And we lost Hoot on fiddles several years ago now. Anyway I'll look for other Capps things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAQSLadXkRQ

Thanks Duane,,,, I have converted all the youtubes i could find to mp3 and put them in my ipod...I am still old fashioned, but I love my ipod...I also found a cd that I had purchased somewhere that was kind of a Jimmy Capps and friends cd...he was playing along with many artists over the years..a great cd !
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2023 9:17 am    

Tim Sergent wrote:
Ferlin Husky's band, The Hushpuppies, also made a record which is now on cd. Terry Bethel is on steel and he gave me a couple of them. I'll look for them and pm you if I find them

Thank you Tim,,,no hurry on that and I greatly appreciate your efforts !