The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Evans AH 200 flange effect?
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2022 1:20 pm    

There is a 3 way toggle switch on the back of the amp, labeled chorus, reverb, and flange. When I flip the switch to each different selection, all I hear is reverb. Am I doing something wrong or is the chorus and flange nonfunctional?

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2022 10:08 pm    

To start, WITH THE AMP OFF, Flip the switch from Corus to Flange a few time, Just to make sure there is no dirt or corrosion in the contact points of the switch.

Beside that switch there is a knob that says Dwell. It has some control on the Corus, Reverb and Flange also, The Reverb Dial on the front of the amp. is also in the circuit that controls the Chorus, Reverb and Flange sounds.

Center the Dwell for a start, Flip the switch to Flange, Go to Reverb dial on the front and turn it up to about 9. The flange on my AH200 goes to Outer Space sounds.

If that does not help with the problem, Call Evans and talk to Scott Buffington, He is the Man when it comes to an Evans Amp.
Good Luck in this project.

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2022 8:31 pm    

George, Scott Buffington, the guy who built your Evans amp told me the Chorus and Flange is dependent on the amount the reverb is turned up. Scott told me I would not start hearing the effect until the reverb was turned up to 4 and above. By the way, I have an amp like that, and I eventually wound up not using the flange or the chorus. The amp sounds wonderful without those effects. Just my opinion. Hope this information helps. Keith Hilton

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2022 11:47 am     Evans AH 200 flange effect?

Thanks, Keith. When playing with the knobs, I also noticed the reverb knob had to be turned up. I don't use the flange or chorus, but needed to know if it was working properly should I decide to sell it.

I have talked to Scott several times over the years, and he is the absolute best when it comes to customer service, even if you didn't buy the amp from him. I hate to bother him when he's working, if I can find the answer elsewhere.

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2022 8:01 pm    

If you have a question about an Evans amp. Scott if the Man.
He knows them inside and out. He called me and helped me a lot when he returned my AH 200 after an accident. An he rebuilt the amp.