The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking for a reverb pedal...
Jamie Lennon

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2020 9:37 pm    

So need a standalone reverb pedal...been looking at the Neunaber Audio wet reverb...does anyon use these?? I hate the modulation chorus type reverbs....any suggestions?

Thanks!!

www.georgettejones.net

Asa Brosius

Post  Posted 2 Oct 2020 11:31 pm    

The Wet has a touch of modulation. Without knowing the specific sounds you're shooting for, I'd suggest a Hardwire rv7- great sounding basic adjustable verb types plus a few weirdos, well built, a touch wider than the boss shape.

Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2020 12:41 am    

I have a Neunaber Wet Reverb pedal and use it with all of my amp rigs except the Twin Reverb. I'm very pleased with it.

Barry Coker

Bagley Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2020 3:37 am    

I have both the Wet reverb (Stereo) and the Immerse reverb.
The Wet is great and works flawlessly the Immerse has the wet setting and other options all of which sound beautiful and gives you several options.

Good Luck
Barry

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2020 5:00 am    

I use the Hall Of Fame which you can go on-line and download someone else's settings or make your own and at the same time use the many factory settings. All of these tweeked via the knobs. I also like the reverb delay that's built into it which allows the spit second initial note followed by reverb. I use it along with the MXR analog delay. Both are standard size pedals.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Mitch Adelman

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2020 5:47 am    

After trying so many reverbs, I finally settled on the Catalinbread Talisman Plate Reverb. The Talisman reproduces the lush, natural-sounding magic of a 7' x 4' real vintage plate reverb heard on so many records in pedal. The best plate I've heard if you like just plate reverb. It has high pass cut for tone which can roll off highs, a very helpful Pre-delay control, as well as a great preamp for added boost for the volume pedal. Its bumped off all others from my board.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2020 5:53 am    

I really like the EH Holy Grail reverbs. I use the (discontinued?) NANO; but, they still make other models.

Click Here

https://www.ehx.com/browse/reverb

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2020 6:04 am    

I am also really put off by modulation built into the reverb sound (but it's a cool switchable option for one or two songs, if the pedal's got it). Quilter has a tiny bit of warble printed on their MicroPro Mach2 amp's reverb and I keep looking to turn off my chorus pedal. Sounds like the beats of an out of tune string. Not a real problem on stage but it drives me nuts at home.

In the same vein as that Catalinbread, I've got a Wampler "Reflection". It has an adequate spring setting (but not good enough, if you are hard core about the classic spring sound) but the plate setting is the prettiest reverb I've ever had on my board, with tone and pre-delay controls. It lost its place to a Keeley reverb/delay combo but I really like it and wish I could fit it on the board.

If it's just a good pure Fender spring sound, I was always happy with the Holy Grail.

Tucker Jackson

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2020 11:46 am    

I can confirm that the Neunaber Wet Reverb has a little modulation that starts to appear in the signal when you turn the knob to the right of the 12:00 position. The level of modulation increases as you turn the knob.

If you typically keep your verb at a modest level, there is no modulation and it sounds just great.

Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2020 7:32 pm    

I've tried most and have not come across better than the Strymon Blue Sky. The pre-delay is great for note clarity, and the decay is very organic.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2020 7:50 pm     Looking for a Reverb pedal

I have two mono Wet Reverbs. The older models with only two knobs. I like them a lot, especially the simplicity. I've had several rack mounts and I like these just as good. I don't want a reverb unit with a gazillion sound settings. I use light reverb anyway, along with a little delay from a Boss DD-3. This and the Wet Reverb gives me all I need.

Nathan Guilford

Oklahoma City
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2020 10:11 pm     Reverb

So if you're looking for a fender amp reverb type...... I really like the T-Rex "Tonebug" reverb. They are out of production but many are available used. Very natural sounding spring type reverb in a simple pedal setup. No expanded settings or tweaking necessary. The "modern" switch gives you some variability but I really like the spring setting.[img]
[/img]

Brad Richard

Chisago City, Minnesota
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2020 2:52 pm    

I've been using a Zoom CDR70. It has chorus, delay and reverb. It has a zillion possibilities, which I find to be a bit much, but it does have some decent sounds. Once I fiddled around enough and found the sounds I wanted, that's about as far as I've gone. I like Zoom pedals and this one gives me the sounds I want in a small pedal. The only challenge is actually finding THE sounds.

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2020 3:28 pm    

If you're into Fendery spring reverb, the Sole-Mate from Van Amps is great, if you can find one. They've been out of production for a few years and are consequently getting a little spendy.

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2020 5:07 pm    

Another vote for the Catalinbread Talisman reverb. Very lush sound.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2020 6:44 am    

Jamie,

While playing on Broadway I switched from a rackmount (just not enough room and portability) to a ZOOM 70 pedal. Yes it does more the reverb but I like it a lot.

A couple samples. Your welcome to come by Gallatin and try it.

https://www.amazon.com/Zoom-ZMS70CDR-MS-70CDR-MultiStomp-Chorus/dp/B00BFN58WQ/ref=asc_df_B00BFN58WQ/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583657830534540&psc=1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aYuhFSpqbQ8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzcR7nJ3Q4

Richard Nelson

Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2020 4:37 am    

Vahlbruch Pipeline vintage spring.

http://www.vahlbruch-fx.com/en/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChkzP48NKKSiredddt-NGEQ?view_as=public

www.myspace.com/ricknelsteel

Josh Moss

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2020 5:00 am    

The Spring Theory by Subdecay is a great no-frills reverb pedal. They're not making this older model anymore, but you can find them used on Reverb.[/url]
Fender Silverface Twin
Peavey Nashville 400

Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2020 6:13 am    

I know it’s not the sexiest, and it’s likely the Least expensive, but the Boss RV6 still sounds great as well.

I’m guessing you can find them pretty easily, they sold a ton of them.

Jeremy Reeves

Chatham, IL, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2020 6:50 am    

line 6 verbzilla is working well for me

ajm

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2020 7:26 am    

JHS has a new line of Series 3 pedals.
One of them is a reverb.
They are all $99.

You can go to Youtube for a demo video showing all of them.

You didn't ask about a fuzz, but that one looks especially intriguing.

Rob Segal

New York NY
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2020 9:25 am     Modulation in Reverb

I too dislike a modulating reverb.

I have both the Neunaber Wet Stereo programmable pedal and the Digitech RV-7 and have explored them both.

The RV-7 generates virtually no modulation on both the hall and plate emulations.

The Wet Stereo produces modulation in all its modes, some more than others; but in all modes.

I've settled on the RV-7, and have used it for years; I have 2.

I have reprogrammed the Neunaber to function as a delay, and it works well as such. Additionally, the version of the Neu' pedal I have provides a buffer in both active and bypass modes. I find this buffer to do something really nice for the sound of all my instruments, and I always keep it first in the chain, whether or not I'm using delay. Lately I'm putting it directly at the output jack of the steel, prior to the input of my passive volume pedal, and this gives a very consistent tone throughout the volume pedal stroke. So I like the Neunaber pedal, but for delay and buffering.

Rob

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2020 4:45 pm    

Jamie,

While playing on Broadway I switched from a rackmount (just not enough room and portability) to a ZOOM 70 pedal. Yes it does more the reverb but I like it a lot.

A couple samples. Your welcome to come by Gallatin and try it.

https://www.amazon.com/Zoom-ZMS70CDR-MS-70CDR-MultiStomp-Chorus/dp/B00BFN58WQ/ref=asc_df_B00BFN58WQ/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583657830534540&psc=1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aYuhFSpqbQ8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzcR7nJ3Q4

Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2020 6:13 am    

I really don’t think you could go wrong any of the units suggested.

I can be a reverb snob when testing pedals in my home studio, and the subtle differences
Seem more pronounced.

On the bandstand, with everyone bashing away, some of the subtleties are less apparent, particularly decay.

Add to this many of us are using a bit of delay as well, which for me, makes reverb evaluation a bit hazy.

I’m using a Keely Delay station Verb/Delay pedal which sounds fantastic, but when I don’t feel like hauling it, the amp reverb on my various amps get the job done.

YMMV...

Dustin Rigsby

Parts Unknown, Ohio
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2020 11:39 am    

Nux Atlantic. Reverb and Delay in one box. $159.00