The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Idea for integrated volume pedal and effects
Kevin Klimek

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2019 8:46 pm    

Am I the only guy that's done this? This picture is actually photoshopped to show what I've done since my actual rig is packed in my truck for a gig with no photo handy. On a stock Digitech RP250, the volume pedal is on the right side making it unusable with my GFI-Ultra D-10 because the foot switches collided with the C6 pedals. So, I cut the volume pedal apart from the effects, also cutting the ribbon cable connecting the pedal to the effects. Then I repositioned the pedal on the LEFT side, re-soldered the ribbon cable and remounted the unit to the bottom plate, sealing the "wound" between pedal and effects with body putty and repainted. The pedal is smooth, quiet and with a photo cell, has no pots or mechanical things to wear out. The effects section is easily programmable for different settings. These units are inexpensive especially when compared to the high end "boutique" PSG pedals. With mono or stereo outputs and headphone, it's a neat all in one package!

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2019 3:44 am    

Keven, nice work. My issues with the Digitech of past was the jacks. They seem to fail from repeated use. I gave away a RP300a for this reason. How long have you been using it?

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2019 4:06 am    

I'm not working with this sort of unit at this time but I did have some interest in the past and the VP placement was in fact a deal breaker. I'd never imagined that what you've done was doable. That's great info.